Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
Hearing the lads are going to be surrounded by sewage today.

Not sure whether that’s because they’re on the beach or just in Birmingham.

Official Old Man

Uckfield Seagull
Aug 27, 2011
Brighton
Given the fact they have rights to all 4 games, I am intrigued why Sky don't offer a channel/red button with a 4 way split of the games. Obviously I will be watching us but would be good to have the option of keeping an eye on the relegation games.
TV on our game. Tablet on Everton. Mobile on Leicester. Laptop on dodgy feed for Leeds. With Sky Go you can watch on three devices.

dolphins

Jan 26, 2012
BN1, in GOSBTS
Unlike the rest of you, I feel very relaxed about today. We have already done it by having a best ever season and comfortably in the Europa League. So I don’t really mind about today. I shall sit by the tele with a teacup or a drink and enjoy what happens.
Me too - got the F1 on, but despite Monaco looking stunning, and a great experience being there for a race (Mrs Dolphins and I did the weekend a number of years back) it's not a great watch at the moment, especially with Verstappen and his unpleasant team in pole at a circuit which is VERY difficult to overtake. Once I get bored of that, should be time for the 3pm extended pre-match build-up on Sky!

LOVELY to have ABSOLUTELY nothing (for us!) riding on this game. Almost like a pre-pre-season game!

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Me too - got the F1 on, but despite Monaco looking stunning, and a great experience being there for a race (Mrs Dolphins and I did the weekend a number of years back) it's not a great watch at the moment, especially with Verstappen and his unpleasant team in pole at a circuit which is VERY difficult to overtake. Once I get bored of that, should be time for the 3pm extended pre-match build-up on Sky!

LOVELY to have ABSOLUTELY nothing (for us!) riding on this game. Almost like a pre-pre-season game!
I honestly cannot remember an overtaking move at Monaco unless the leading car had technical problems and moved over.

Think they should substitute F1 Cars for Karts, far more chance of a few overtaking moves (says an ex Kart driver!)

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
Trying to work out a way that Leicester and Leeds go down and Brentford (for TB's sake), and Tottenham don't make Europe

I think that's Leeds, Leicester and Everton all winning and Brentford losing to City

We beat Villa 6-0 - keep Tottenham and Brentford out of Europe
And Leeds (entitled) and Leicester (cheats) go down

Villa fans not ecstatic cos we just thrashed them
Leeds and Leicester fans mortified cos they are relegated even though they won
Brentford and Benham don’t make Europe
And Tottenham continue their slow and inexorable decline

Everyone’s a winner innit 😃

jakarta

May 25, 2007
Sullington
Trying to work out a way that Leicester and Leeds go down and Brentford (for TB's sake), and Tottenham don't make Europe

I think that's Leeds, Leicester and Everton all winning and Brentford losing to City

Everyone’s a winner innit 😃:thumbsup:
Needs a soundtrack... :rock:

GT49er

Feb 1, 2009
Gloucester

That still leaves Spurs potentially in the conference.

Sussexscots

3, 3, 3, 3, 3, 3 3, 3, 3, 3 ,3 ,3 3 coach chuggers
Personally, I'd love us to hump Villa today. Never thought about them much. But their time wasting shitehousery at the Amex in that last game before the World Cup break really boiled my pish.

That and the VAR fiasco at Spurs means I'm delighted it's those two that we've deprived of the Europa League.

Greg Bobkin

Silver Seagull
May 22, 2012

If Villa win, they get into Europe. If Everton win, they stay up and the Ls go down. It's as simple as that?

AmexRuislip

Trainee Spy 🕵️‍♂️
Feb 2, 2014
Ruislip
Screenshot_20230528_144919_WhatsApp.jpg

Nice touch from the club.

Nobby

Sep 29, 2007
That still leaves Spurs potentially in the conference.
No. I have em losing to Leeds 👍👍

Jobs a good un 😃
If Villa win, they get into Europe. If Everton win, they stay up and the Ls go down. It's as simple as that?
That’s right. But if we thrash Villa and Spurs and Brentford also lose - I just wanted to see Brentford and Tottenham fail and Leeds and Leicester go down
So my scenario does all that and Villa fans are peed off cos we thrash them

AlexBH

Nov 19, 2017
I think we’ll probably lose today. I imagine it will be an experimental team from De Zerbi and expect to have 1 or 2 surprises in the line up.

Would much prefer Everton to go down. They’ve been awful for a while now and it’s about time they get taught a lesson and stop using their nine lives.

Yes I am still a bit bitter about that thrashing from a few weeks ago. Used a day of annual leave and got drenched for that lol.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here