Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Not going today, but if you are, please please - if we deny Villa a European place - can you celebrate like we’ve won the league and really rub it in? Payback for 2016, when, with nothing to play for, those wankers celebrated like they’d won the World Cup just because we didn’t therefore win the league. Which we would have if Stockdale hadn’t turned into a ghost and the ball gone - I swear - straight through his body (although that perspective might have been due to enjoying the Corporate hospitality a bit too much!)
Oh we will don't worry, I hope I'm standing right next to them like last time too..

Surrey Phil

Aug 3, 2010
Not going today, but if you are, please please - if we deny Villa a European place - can you celebrate like we’ve won the league and really rub it in? Payback for 2016, when, with nothing to play for, those wankers celebrated like they’d won the World Cup just because we didn’t therefore win the league. Which we would have if Stockdale hadn’t turned into a ghost and the ball gone - I swear - straight through his body (although that perspective might have been due to enjoying the Corporate hospitality a bit too much!)
Denying them playing in Europe would be the ultimate pay back & don’t worry, Villa fans will know about it at the end!

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Given the fact they have rights to all 4 games, I am intrigued why Sky don't offer a channel/red button with a 4 way split of the games. Obviously I will be watching us but would be good to have the option of keeping an eye on the relegation games.

swindonseagull

Aug 6, 2003
Swindon, but used to be Manila
And so we shortly turn off the light on what has been the greatest ever football season in the history of Brighton and Hove Albion. History will show that season 22/23 was the season that we became a Big 6 team. Scared of no other team, we went to Arsenal and thrashed them, 6 points off Man Utd and Chelsea, thrashed Liverpool then done it again two weeks later. Fans of the future will look back on this season as either the start of something big or our only big season.

And we were there.
And to celebrate I'm off to a dry football ground with a rip-off pub outside for away fans.
Can’t drink as I’m driving so I’m not worried about no beer in the Upper tier but I know some people will be moaning.

Mortdecai

Aug 6, 2009
Kirkkonummi, Finland
MATCHDAY.jpg

sydney

tinky ****in winky
Jul 11, 2003
town full of eejits
My Albion scarf is getting a few glances in Dub airport this morning - already seen about a dozen Villa fans - I know we finish 6th whatever but we really DO owe them one - UTA

Edit - it’s actually like a chartered flight for the AV Supporters Club!
McGinn fan club whoppers.

would love Ferguson to make Mings look like an absolute mug

Last edited:

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
I can’t remember ever being this relaxed about a game. We’re 6th. Either Villa miss out or Spurs after that ridiculous game Attwell won for them, or both. One or both of Leeds or Everton to drop too. Lager in the fridge, snacks in the cupboard.

*rubs hands*

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I can’t remember ever being this relaxed about a game. We’re 6th. Either Villa miss out or Spurs after that ridiculous game Attwell won for them, or both. One or both of Leeds or Everton to drop too. Lager in the fridge, snacks in the cupboard.

*rubs hands*
And the support act is the Monaco Grand Prix, which may have a little excitement, if not some very nice views of the city and some decent boats.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Because I've done the maths. It's not an isolated wish but a succession of results that would mean Everton and Leeds go down and Brentford finish 7th.
Do those maths allow for one of those 'everyone on the pitch celebrating at FT of their own match, only for a late goal to go in elsewhere to ruin the party' situations? That would be hilarious!

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
And the support act is the Monaco Grand Prix, which may have a little excitement, if not some very nice views of the city and some decent boats.
The ultimate sponsored traffic race but also the best qualifying on the calendar. Yes I’ll be watching:lolol:

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I can see Dunk and Gross being rested - wouldn’t it be mental if this prediction were true…!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here