Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Football] Aston Villa relegation watch

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Stayed up by the skin of their teeth last season, then lost their three best players in the summer (Benteke, Delph and Cleverley) without replacing any of them. Writing was on the wall before a ball was kicked this season.

crookie

Jun 14, 2013
Back in Sussex
Stayed up by the skin of their teeth last season, then lost their three best players in the summer (Benteke, Delph and Cleverley) without replacing any of them. Writing was on the wall before a ball was kicked this season.

Yep, struggled for at least the last 3 seasons under McLeish and Lambert. Getting rid of your best 3 players and replacing with a bunch of unproven Frenchman looks to have been a masterstroke !! Not going to make Lerner's chance of selling the club any easier either

Pavilionaire

Jul 7, 2003
They look like the worst team in the Prem by some margin. Decent keeper, decent defenders, creativity in midfield, pace, goals - you name it, they don't have it.

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
I genuinely can't stand Villa or their fans - in fact they're one of the three teams I genuinely loath. I hope they get relegated, then relegated again, and again, and again...

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I genuinely can't stand Villa or their fans - in fact they're one of the three teams I genuinely loath. I hope they get relegated, then relegated again, and again, and again...

Any particular reason?

sussex_guy2k2

Jun 6, 2014
Any particular reason?

I went to university up in Warwick and frequented most of the Midlands clubs on a regular basis. Their fans were the worst fans I've ever come across. They had a sense of entitlement that I'd expect from Man Utd fans (who are the other club alongside Villa and Palace that I don't like), yet their stadium on each occasion was the quietest I've ever been to - no singing, no cheering, no nothing, except for swearing and shouting abuse at their own players. Their team was dour at the time (and is now) and they just feel like a non-entity of a football club. Basically, I just couldn't find a positive.

For all of my dislike of Palace, at least their fans sing.

1066familyman

Radio User
Jan 15, 2008
I went to university up in Warwick and frequented most of the Midlands clubs on a regular basis. Their fans were the worst fans I've ever come across. They had a sense of entitlement that I'd expect from Man Utd fans (who are the other club alongside Villa and Palace that I don't like), yet their stadium on each occasion was the quietest I've ever been to - no singing, no cheering, no nothing, except for swearing and shouting abuse at their own players. Their team was dour at the time (and is now) and they just feel like a non-entity of a football club. Basically, I just couldn't find a positive.

For all of my dislike of Palace, at least their fans sing.

Fair enough. Take as you find I suppose.

portslade seagull

Jul 19, 2003
portslade
Villa are down because their business minded chairman who only came in for the TV money will not back them in the transfer window. Suppose that is what you get if you sell your soul

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here