[Albion] Aston Villa - a call to arms

Taybha

Whalewhine
Oct 8, 2008
Uwantsumorwat
MhpVB.gif

Don Quixote

Nov 4, 2008
It looks like it might be between us and Villa for 18th so this is a must win even if it’s a bit early in the season to say that.

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Biggest game of the season.

Need it to be the best atmosphere of the season

HUGE game

Trouble is, just about every single previous Call To Arms has been killed stone dead earlydoors by the team coming out and playing dogshit. Suspect Villa game will be no different. We won't get going til the half-time subs, same as usual.

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
I was there.
John Templeman deserves huge credit for that one!

Yep. He's still around and was interviewed on The Albion Roar not that long ago with some interesting things to say. An honest player who always gave 100% and could be really influential at his best. Definitely one to have in the trenches.

Cowfold Seagull

Fan of the 17 bus
Apr 22, 2009
Cowfold
Aye, the biggest game of the season so far.

It is pretty much crucial that Mooy is fit for this one.

On a positive note, 12 points v Villa, Bournemouth, West Ham and Watford will leave us within touching distance of safety so there is that fool's hope to still cling to.

Not just Villa, it's thnose four games that could just make or break or season. All following very closely together too.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
It be would be good if the players and management turn up for this! The crowd will react accordingly!

Should swap to rest-of-Europe style supporting this match: crowd carrying the team rather than the team carrying the crowd.

When a team starts badly and the crowd starts moaning or whistling or whatever after ten minutes... it does no good for anyone.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Our tinker man needs to get the team to start quick off the blocks and the atmosphere will be good.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
Barber needs to provide free beer before kickoff to get the crowd up for it.

Blue Valkyrie

Not seen such Bravery!
Sep 1, 2012
Valhalla
I'd stick Bissouma on Grealish. Drop Stephens and have Mooy back, hopefully.
Stephens has been shocking in the last 2 games. Don't know what is wrong with him, because he has had an almighty New Year hangover.

Not convinced he'll get another contract now, and maybe he'll be moved on in the summer.

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
I'd stick Bissouma on Grealish. Drop Stephens and have Mooy back, hopefully.

Stephens has been terrible since his suspension which is a shame as had looked decent up to that point. Bissouma has blown hot and cold when given the chance and was the worst player on the pitch against Massive.

One of those two needs to start performing regularly and nail that position down

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Stephens has been shocking in the last 2 games. Don't know what is wrong with him, because he has had an almighty New Year hangover.

Not convinced he'll get another contract now, and maybe he'll be moved on in the summer.

Looks increasingly like a relic from the CH anti-football end of empire. ¡Viva la revolución!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
and If we lose, it won't be a disaster.

I reckon we'll still stay up.

We're 4 points above relegation. It's definitely not a must win. We can afford to lose and still be in a safe position.

Need a run, of good form, like everyone else has. If feels like we’re odd ones out. I fear another Hughton like run though, I definitely saw that coming last season a mile off and have to say I’m even more nervous now because the three definite for relegation aren’t as obvious as last year. It might just be us therefore. We’ve a fight on our hands and aren’t scoring or creating chances yet again. A lot to be nervous about therefore.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here