Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Aston Villa - a call to arms

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
It's not true though. I had this debate about promotion with someone once. I did some research and found that in nearly every campaign since 1970 that Albion had gone into January holding a promotion position they had gone up.

They blow it no more than anyone else.

It was said tongue in cheek, I thought that was obviously from the wink?

GREASED WEASEL

Dec 10, 2017
10 matches ago in 1980, nearly 40 years ago, we beat them 1-0 in front of a crowd of 16,425 in the old, old Division One.

Edit: 40 years ago!

was it the night match?

if so,I was in the South Stand

when we scored,remember a Villa fan,breaking the police corden and jumping at the fence towards the North Stand

a fine effort indeed

Napier

Jan 27, 2009
Devon
Yes! The Match of the Day (when it only showed one match in the programme), 30 odd thousand at The Goldstone, Willie Irvine and Kit Napier for a 2-1 triumph at the top of Division 3 in 1972.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j7yrZUds3_A

One of my earliest and fondest memories following The Albion. What a day, standing in the East Stand with my Dad. Unfortunately, MOTD was after my bedtime!

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
Aye, the biggest game of the season so far.

It is pretty much crucial that Mooy is fit for this one.

On a positive note, 12 points v Villa, Bournemouth, West Ham and Watford will leave us within touching distance of safety so there is that fool's hope to still cling to.

Can I have some of what you're drinking, unless we get some reinforcements in we're f****d !

Crispy Ambulance

May 27, 2010
Burgess Hill
One of my earliest and fondest memories following The Albion. What a day, standing in the East Stand with my Dad. Unfortunately, MOTD was after my bedtime!

Very lively! They brought thousands down as, being Villa, they thought they had a God given right to win the league. To be fair, they did but it was lovely to piss on their parade. And that Willie Irvine goal!

No doubt The Rev and Birdman will have their anecdotes from the day.

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing

Very lively! They brought thousands down as, being Villa, they thought they had a God given right to win the league. To be fair, they did but it was lovely to piss on their parade. And that Willie Irvine goal!

No doubt The Rev and Birdman will have their anecdotes from the day.

The 1-0 win the season before was pretty good in the North stand where I thought my eardrums were going to burst from the stand whistling for the referees final blow.

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
What do we need to do to ensure Mooy's fitness? Do I need to sell an organ? My soul to the Devil perhaps? Either way, it's a sacrifice I'm prepared to make.

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
If I remember right, within ten seconds of the game in 1980, Paul Clark sent Denis Mortimer about four foot in the air, and from there on, we bossed the game. It's a massive game and we need to win it.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
100% a must win game. Agree with the OP, players need to get all the help they can and that includes lots of noise from us. Would be good to outsing Villa.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here