Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Assuming the Arsenal game is in TV...

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Bollocks shit **** if it's Sunday pm that's ****ing awful bollocks

Bob!

Coffee Buyer
Jul 5, 2003
so, 11pm in New Orleans, and I need to be up early for a flight the next day!

Won't that be 11am in New Orleans?

Excellent!
Running the Marathon with a 7am start. If I have a good day I should be finished by 11am, perhaps get to see the second half?

Does anyone know of a bar in New Orleans that will be showing the Brighton game?

??? :wink:

JOLovegrove

Jan 30, 2012
TV ratings come before looking for a shock...
That's why Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City or Liverpool are shown.
If they are playing a small club the TV companies can dress it up as a possible shock (Yeovil v Man Utd, AFC Wimb v Lpool).
Everyone knows Camb v Man Utd will be taken first by the TV.
Because of our reputation on football style (!) I would have thought we would be ahead of Man City v Mboro or Lpool v Bolton.
Chelsea v Millwall would have been chosen if Millwall did not have the replay as Chelsea v Bradford has no pull whatsoever.
It would also have taken one of the early kick off's.
Every website says games will be played on the weekend of 24th or 25th Jan.
The 2 games against Newcastle were both early kick offs which gives the TV companies time to get their camera's to their game on a Sunday....

I thought the 1st (1-0 OG created by Buckley) was an evening kick off?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003

spence

British and Proud
Oct 15, 2014
Crawley
Please not Sunday. It's such a crap day to watch football. Atmosphere tends to be flat

8ace

Banned
Jul 21, 2003
Brighton
There's a reason why we play football at 3pm on a saturday, it's a good time for most and people arrange for their other engagements not to clash with this.
The way the TV companies have spread out the fixtures this year is gonna do f*ck all to bring back "the magic of the cup" for fans of teams in the top two flights of english football.

Seagulls Downunder

Mar 3, 2008
Sydney
New 'big' name manager, turning things round. Also someone at Sky once told me we were liked because our ground was one of the easiest outside the Premier League to put a live TV game on for, so that may factor in.

If only that was the case, look back over the last 2 seasons and see how long we had to wait for a live match on Sky. Unlike Dirty Leeds who last season had 7 of the first 11 matches live, not all at home though.
You can bet if it is live, it won't be Sat lunchtime, that would be the best for us this side of the world. We've had that many games at stupid o'clock in the morning that it would be nice to watch at a reasonable hour.

shaolinpunk

[Insert witty title here]
Nov 28, 2005
Brighton
Apparently we'll be on BT Sport on the Sunday, although I don't know what time kickoff will be

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here