Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Assuming the Arsenal game is in TV...

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Indeed, but I discounted them for the purposes of this discussion as I really can't see them having Brighton v Arsenal exclusively for all the boyos in the valleys.
That's a shame.

:(

D

Deleted member 22389

Reckon there is a very good chance this could be on BBC or ITV, it's a big match with a small possibility of an upset, however we are also going up against Cambridge V Man Utd
If I was in charge of the schedules these are the two matches I would certainly pick for the main channels.

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
I don't see it as a likely TV match myself. Top PL team against championship side having a tough season is hardly a recipe for a cup upset on paper is it?

Springal

Feb 12, 2005
GOSBTS
I don't see it as a likely TV match myself. Top PL team against championship side having a tough season is hardly a recipe for a cup upset on paper is it?

New 'big' name manager, turning things round. Also someone at Sky once told me we were liked because our ground was one of the easiest outside the Premier League to put a live TV game on for, so that may factor in.

Albion Robster

Jul 21, 2003
North West
Just hope its not a Sunday or Monday night game.
Saturday evening would be perrrrfect for maximum drinkies before KO.
Again, I would suspect BT Sport will want to pick this game up, as Arsenal were on the Beeb in the last round. I guess BBC could take the Cambridge vs Man United game, again as United were on BT Sport in the last round.
Total guesswork.

Everest

Me
Jul 5, 2003
Southwick
Reckon there is a very good chance this could be on BBC or ITV, it's a big match with a small possibility of an upset, however we are also going up against Cambridge V Man Utd
If I was in charge of the schedules these are the two matches I would certainly pick for the main channels.

ITV have zero chance. They don't have broadcasting rights.

kevo

Mar 8, 2008
Really hope it's not Friday night.

Vegas Seagull

Jul 10, 2009
Just hope its not a Sunday or Monday night game.
Saturday evening would be perrrrfect for maximum drinkies before KO.
Again, I would suspect BT Sport will want to pick this game up, as Arsenal were on the Beeb in the last round. I guess BBC could take the Cambridge vs Man United game, again as United were on BT Sport in the last round.
Total guesswork.

4,000 Arsenal running up & down West St on a Saturday night already tanked up all day = Chilli con carnage...we're likely to veto this....I recall they had a night outing in Preston St decades ago where they were run til their feet got wet

D

Deleted member 22389

ITV have zero chance. They don't have broadcasting rights.

lol, shows how much I know. Didn't they broadcast the FA Cup last season?
So that leaves just the BBC then. Is it possible they could do a Saturday lunchtime and Sunday afternoon?

Not Andy Naylor

Dec 12, 2007
Seven Dials
lol, shows how much I know. Didn't they broadcast the FA Cup last season?
So that leaves just the BBC then. Is it possible they could do a Saturday lunchtime and Sunday afternoon?

That sounds good - make a weekend of it and then we'd get two gates and two loads of TV money. But what if we win on Saturday but lose on Sunday? Who goes through? Or would we play the first half on Saturday and the second on Sunday?

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
Obvious TV picks for me are:

Cambridge Utd vs Man Utd
Liverpool vs Bolton
Doncaster Rovers or Bristol City vs Everton or West Ham United

Then if Bradford get through I can imagine their visit to Stamford Bridge being a pick.

I would class all of them as more inviting than our tie, but that does obviously leave a few spare picks.

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
Obvious TV picks for me are:

Cambridge Utd vs Man Utd
Liverpool vs Bolton
Doncaster Rovers or Bristol City vs Everton or West Ham United

Then if Bradford get through I can imagine their visit to Stamford Bridge being a pick.

I would class all of them as more inviting than our tie, but that does obviously leave a few spare picks.

What's so special about Liverpool v Bolton - other than it's Liverpool?

Bolton v Liverpool perhaps - but I don't see the attraction.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here