Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Assuming the Arsenal game is in TV...

halbpro

Jan 25, 2012
Brighton
What's so special about Liverpool v Bolton - other than it's Liverpool?

Bolton v Liverpool perhaps - but I don't see the attraction.

Precisely that it's Liverpool, fits the narrative that's being spun about Gerrard's last hurrah with the club, which seems to have been bolstered hugely by his two goals last night.

MattBackHome

Jul 7, 2003
Precisely that it's Liverpool, fits the narrative that's being spun about Gerrard's last hurrah with the club, which seems to have been bolstered hugely by his two goals last night.

Worth LUMPING on Liverpool being losing finalists right now, based on that narrative.

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
TV ratings come before looking for a shock...
That's why Man Utd, Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City or Liverpool are shown.
If they are playing a small club the TV companies can dress it up as a possible shock (Yeovil v Man Utd, AFC Wimb v Lpool).
Everyone knows Camb v Man Utd will be taken first by the TV.
Because of our reputation on football style (!) I would have thought we would be ahead of Man City v Mboro or Lpool v Bolton.
Chelsea v Millwall would have been chosen if Millwall did not have the replay as Chelsea v Bradford has no pull whatsoever.
It would also have taken one of the early kick off's.
Every website says games will be played on the weekend of 24th or 25th Jan.
The 2 games against Newcastle were both early kick offs which gives the TV companies time to get their camera's to their game on a Sunday....

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
BBC have 1st pick and BT Sports 2nd pick and there are only two nailed on games to choose from , BHAFC v Arsenal and Cambridge v Man Utd

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
And if we're the Friday evening game, I don't think we will sell out, especially if the prices are standard 'Cat A' prices.

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
Obvious TV picks for me are:

Cambridge Utd vs Man Utd
Liverpool vs Bolton
Doncaster Rovers or Bristol City vs Everton or West Ham United

Then if Bradford get through I can imagine their visit to Stamford Bridge being a pick.

I would class all of them as more inviting than our tie, but that does obviously leave a few spare picks.

Cambridge v Man U - thats a definite

Liverpool v Bolton - a total snoozefest of a tie, but with the media currently frigging themselves into a frenzy over STEVIE G I suppose its almost inevitable the dullard TV execs will grab this one

Donnie / Bristol C v Everton / West Ham - possible I suppose, but no combination of those particularly leaps out

Chelsea v Bradford / Millwall - not a chance, no matter who goes through it'd be a massacre. Maybe if Chelsea were away, but at the Bridge Chelsea are all but unbeatable, it'd be a total cakewalk and about as interesting a spectacle as an Eastenders omnibus.

sherbert

Oct 11, 2008
Cambridge v Man U - thats a definite

Liverpool v Bolton - a total snoozefest of a tie, but with the media currently frigging themselves into a frenzy over STEVIE G I suppose its almost inevitable the dullard TV execs will grab this one

Donnie / Bristol C v Everton / West Ham - possible I suppose, but no combination of those particularly leaps out

Chelsea v Bradford / Millwall - not a chance, no matter who goes through it'd be a massacre. Maybe if Chelsea were away, but at the Bridge Chelsea are all but unbeatable, it'd be a total cakewalk and about as interesting a spectacle as an Eastenders omnibus.

Massacre might be the correct word if its Chelski V Millwall ....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here