The Fatherland

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Vicar!

Jul 22, 2003
Worthing
Understand the sentiment but the fact is it happened and no one stepped in. Whether that was through fear of being beaten shitless or fear that the club would ban the guy stepping in (nailed on) the fact remains no one took control.

It will be the same if he's seen wandering around the amex, but someone will no doubt tell a steward.
They did. I was standing right behind the incident and he was handed over to the stewards. He reappeared 10 minutes later with another beer. (I have filed details with Police as witness)

I was at the German Cup final years ago when somebody shoved me out of my seat and said I am having that. Sadly for him my mate returned, a 6 ft 5 German copper. It did not end well for him.

Kuipers Supporters Club

Feb 10, 2009
GOSBTS
Understand the sentiment but the fact is it happened and no one stepped in. Whether that was through fear of being beaten shitless or fear that the club would ban the guy stepping in (nailed on) the fact remains no one took control.

It will be the same if he's seen wandering around the amex, but someone will no doubt tell a steward.
It was absolutely impossible to step in before the action took place.

Once it did, fans did intervene to get the bloke away.

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
As the attack gets published to a wider audience, I'm guessing it is only a matter of time before he is shopped by someone, or persuaded to hand himself in.

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
There were a few faces id never seen before at Marseille. For instance, I've had the misfortune to be standing by a lad a few times at away matches that is at best socially unaware or at worst pilled up to the eyeballs. He normally attends with his mate but was with what I assume was a relative this time around presumably to look after him (which he failed to do as it almost kicked off a few times, he ended up with his shirt ripped last time I saw him).

My only point being it's possible he is an irregular Amex visitor and was supposed to be the responsible one. Clearly, if that was the case, he failed that one.

Jim in the West

NSC Patron
Sep 13, 2003
Way out West
There were a few faces id never seen before at Marseille. For instance, I've had the misfortune to be standing by a lad a few times at away matches that is at best socially unaware or at worst pilled up to the eyeballs. He normally attends with his mate but was with what I assume was a relative this time around presumably to look after him (which he failed to do as it almost kicked off a few times, he ended up with his shirt ripped last time I saw him).

My only point being it's possible he is an irregular Amex visitor and was supposed to be the responsible one. Clearly, if that was the case, he failed that one.
The "problem" with the Marseille match was that irregular attendees (ie, those with not that many points) could attend. I'm not seeking to label all non-regulars as idiots, but there were definitely a bunch of people there whose behaviour was less than ideal. For Ajax and AEK things should be different, given the number of points you need. And of course most EPL away games - especially the attractive London fixtures - have points thresholds that keep the "irregulars" away, for better or worse.

HeaviestTed

I’m eating
NSC Patron
Mar 23, 2023
As the attack gets published to a wider audience, I'm guessing it is only a matter of time before he is shopped by someone, or persuaded to hand himself in.
Can we all contribute a fiver to get a reward going? There must be about people here to get enough for one of the scrotes friends to shop him

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
There’s a fair chance he doesn’t post on here or read the Argus and is blissfully unaware that he has been identified.
Doesn't read, or can't read?

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
I imagine a National will pick it up soon.
Local media are full of CCTV images of suspects, including really serious offences like rape, attempted murder etc. that don’t get picked up by national newspapers. They won’t publish a picture of this pissed-up thug for punching someone at a football match. What he did was really nasty but keep a sense of proportion.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here