[Albion] Assault in away end

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
Of course you can when in a public situation like this.

Whether you think it’s morally correct to post it on here to find the perpetrator is another thing, but I imagine most good people think it is.
One of those situations where you can see both sides of the argument. In Switzerland using a dash cam is (or was) forbidden as you are filming numerous cars and pedestrians without their specific permission. It was v difficult to use dash cam footage in court for instance, or on YouTube. (They may have relaxed the law now.) That seems over zealous though you can understand that it's a well meaning principle.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
In the UK it's a common assault, regardless of the context in which it took place. In this case with aggravating factors (the age/vulnerability of the victim).
Agreed, it's a common assault, as happens numerous times every day of the week. It's rare for these to be pursued unless there's an aggravating factor, as you say.

essbee1

Jun 25, 2014
No violence like that is ever acceptable whoever. But the most depressing thing about all this for me is that one of our "supporters" has
done something awful to one of our own, so to speak. I see all Albion supporters as my friends, since we all have a common love
of our club and passion for football. It hurts a lot to think that there are people out there who would violate that bond so badly.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
No violence like that is ever acceptable whoever. But the most depressing thing about all this for me is that one of our "supporters" has
done something awful to one of our own, so to speak. I see all Albion supporters as my friends, since we all have a common love
of our club and passion for football. It hurts a lot to think that there are people out there who would violate that bond so badly.
That's pretty naive tbh

Lenny Rider

Sep 15, 2010
I’ve thought about posting this, and it needs to be called out.

Yes the police, and now the club are aware. And yes, if you have a problem with that, then you’re in the wrong too. This man was out of control.

I’ve cropped out the guys face, as he knows who he is, and others around know who he is. But I’m a totally unprovoked situation he headbutted and hit a totally innocent Albion supporter who I’ve seen at games for 15+ years over asking someone to move seats.

The son of the attacker (in his teenage years) was absolutely distraught and in tears over his fathers actions. I heard them arguing after the game and he wasn’t apologetic for what he’s done.

This is a post to say, I hope you’re caught, and I hope you’re banned for life because what you did genuinely upset a lot of people.

You don’t deserve to watch the Albion.

BOZZA EDIT: I have removed the photo from this post, as the club and Sussex police have been provided with full photographic evidence to enable them to, hopefully, identify the assailant and do what is required.
Unfortunately this is the one of the downsides of our incredible journey.

The Albion links so many people who would never have met otherwise, but the flip side is with eclectic mix going right across the demographic as we’ve climbed the leagues we have ‘inherited’ pond life/genuine scumbags amongst the support.

Nothing on this scale, but we had a couple of Albion ‘fans’ at the bar* we were drinking in post match overdosed on bravery tablets who thought it would be a good idea to attack two Marseille fans who were basically giving a bit of banter walking past.

Thankfully the Police moved in quickly to break it all up, but it was totally unnecessary.

*A bar at which the Police were effectively protecting us with at least 4 riot vans after alleged intel the Ultras were coming calling for the second successive night.

Question, if this disgusting assault ends up in court, would it have to be in front of a French magistrate?

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
One of those situations where you can see both sides of the argument. In Switzerland using a dash cam is (or was) forbidden as you are filming numerous cars and pedestrians without their specific permission. It was v difficult to use dash cam footage in court for instance, or on YouTube. (They may have relaxed the law now.) That seems over zealous though you can understand that it's a well meaning principle.
Swiss secrecy laws are notorious though - it’s why their banking industry is so ‘successful’………

S.T.U cgull

Jan 17, 2009
HILLLLLLL
Unfortunately this is the one of the downsides of our incredible journey.

The Albion links so many people who would never have met otherwise, but the flip side is with eclectic mix going right across the demographic as we’ve climbed the leagues we have ‘inherited’ pond life/genuine scumbags amongst the support.

Nothing on this scale, but we had a couple of Albion ‘fans’ at the bar* we were drinking in post match overdosed on bravery tablets who thought it would be a good idea to attack two Marseille fans who were basically giving a bit of banter walking past.

Thankfully the Police moved in quickly to break it all up, but it was totally unnecessary.

*A bar at which the Police were effectively protecting us with at least 4 riot vans after alleged intel the Ultras were coming calling for the second successive night.

Question, if this disgusting assault ends up in court, would it have to be in front of a French magistrate?
If your post match comments are talking about the incident outside F Pub - then that was a fully justified response from some of our lot, and to suggest otherwise is complete and utter nonsense

Should add for context - these were two Marseille fans who crossed the road (bizarrely past the waiting police) to walk through a group of Brighton fans, giving a load of stick and seeking to provoke a reaction.. which they duly got

Last edited:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland
If your post match comments are talking about the incident outside F Pub - then that was a fully justified response from some of our lot, and to suggest otherwise is complete and utter nonsense
:facepalm:

Herr Tubthumper

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
The Fatherland

Should add for context - these were two Marseille fans who crossed the road (bizarrely past the waiting police) to walk through a group of Brighton fans, giving a load of stick and seeking to provoke a reaction.. which they duly got
:facepalm: your updated post as well.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003

What nonsense.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports