[Albion] Assault in away end

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
The club can ban anyone from their premises for any reason at any time. They don't need any kind of legal ruling to be able to do that.
Yes and they are very keen to do it so make sure you are not in the wrong place if anything happens.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Yes. GDRP only applies to Businesses as I've already alluded too.

I think you're the twat with that comment considering the content of the thread.

You have to create your own privacy in public, so if you don't like it, I suggest you walk around with a face mask.

Some people can't/won't take time to check their basic human rights. It amazes me how many people still don't understand that if you're in public, you are fair game. Like I said above, you have to make your own privacy in public.
A lot of Youtubers making alot of money turning up to businesses/ police stations and filming the responses

Swimboy64

Oct 19, 2022
This is such a sad thread after such a fantastic trip.
I can't understand why the Marseille police or stewards didn't act at the time and to think they let him back into his seat to have another go.
To me it would be nice if the French authorities picked up the case and prosecuted accordingly.
Like they are going to be bothered with that

BN9 BHA

DOCKERS
NSC Patron
Jul 14, 2013
Newhaven
I've had my teeth knocked out twice in unprovoked attacks. One outside the Amex that ended up in crown court. People can be unpredictable arseholes when drunk / drugged up. Partly why I don't go out / away much now. I feel the world is getting more violent but I know it's really always been there and phone cameras / social media hasn't helped.
Was the attack outside the Amex by an away fan?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
The due process will be to find the culprit and seek his side of the story. If the person they identify denies any involvement and there are no witnesses then the process will fall down. If it is the person that was pictured I hope he’ll read it on here or be told by a NSC mate and have the decency to come forward.
I would have thought the due process would involve CCTV…….his denials would be irrelevant in the face of evidence.

dadams2k11

ID10T Error
Jun 24, 2011
Brighton
A lot of Youtubers making alot of money turning up to businesses/ police stations and filming the responses
Yep, Auditing Britain, DJ Audits, PTTP, Laughing Auditor to name a few.

I watch them all them time and there's where my Knowledge comes from. If you don't express your rights, you lose them.

I've started my own channel. 😉

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
The due process will be to find his side of the story. If the person they identify denies any involvement and there are no witnesses then the process will fall down. If it is the person that was pictured I hope he’ll read it on here or be told by a NSC mate and have the decency to come forward
Good luck with that :rolleyes:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Nasty scumbag. Every club has them. I recall at West Brom in our 1st Prem season some bloke in front us punched another Albion fan for singing a song he didn't like. He had his henchmen around him eyeballing everyone so no one had a realistic chance of intervening.

People like this really do ruin things for everyone else and is very much in line with the cult of self that has hugely grown in society the past few years. Do what you want and 'f' everyone else, assuming no consequences.

Hope the affected get to another euro away and have a much better time.

I saw that at the time. It was f***ing pathetic. Some 50 year old starting on a younger fan because he didn’t like the song he was singing. I think the song was a bit self deprecating about winning away or scoring a goal. We went on to lose.

timbha

Jul 5, 2003
Sussex
I would have thought the due process would involve CCTV…….his denials would be irrelevant in the face of evidence.
If appropriate CCTV exists. At the Amex the cameras can swiftly zoom in on trouble, film and identify culprits, then (often) leave it til HT or FT to take action, or earlier if necessary. Given no action was taken in Marseille it’s possible that the CCTV, if it exists is less sophisticated that ours.
Nevertheless, with luck some good CCTV might exist if a camera happens to be fixed on the area where the assault took place.

Hotchilidog

Jan 24, 2009
Absolutely spot on, happens a lot away, as we saw recently at Old Trafford.
The stewards are in a difficult position. When you’re paid so little and then have to deal with so many drunk and aggressive people, not much of an incentive. So some of this has to come from us as fans. The “free for all and sit where you want” culture at away games, propagated by some, usually drunk, over many years, has got to end. We need to install that ethos into the wider fan base. People must sit in their own seats. Shouldn’t be too controversial.

Well done to the OP for alerting people to what happened in Marseille. I hope the man who suffered the attack is ok.
Spot on!

nwgull

Jul 25, 2003
Manchester
If appropriate CCTV exists. At the Amex the cameras can swiftly zoom in on trouble, film and identify culprits, then (often) leave it til HT or FT to take action, or earlier if necessary. Given no action was taken in Marseille it’s possible that the CCTV, if it exists is less sophisticated that ours.
Nevertheless, with luck some good CCTV might exist if a camera happens to be fixed on the area where the assault took place.
I'd be surprised if the appropriate quality CCTV exists, and if it does that the Marseille authoritities could be arsed to cooperate and do anything about it. This is a stadium where the entire behind goal and away-fan areas are netted off, and they even put temporary nets up for an oppo player taking a corner. If they had good CCTV and were able to prosecute and/or ban someone luzzing something in the crowd then this wouldn't be necessary.

Having said that, it might be a different matter for away fans as they don't have to concern themselves with upsetting the ultras who have a large degree of control over the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports