Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Assault in away end

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
How far back are you going?

I went to Selhurst Park for a league game & sat down near the front with old Bernie (programme seller) because neither of us could stand throughout the game. There was netting and webbing over the front three rows of seats. We had asked the steward if we could be at the front out of the way.
We were losing 1-0 and Ashley Barnes equallised from a penalty. Brighton fans came rushing down the steps, jumped all over the netting, and were kicking the seats, breaking them. One fell over whilst kicking a seat, on top of me. Bernie was ducking down to protect his head.
@Biscuit bless him, saw what was happening and with another lad came down to stand next to me to protect me, from the idiots.
By all means, have limbs when we score, but do look out for the vulnerable.
I’m going back to the 80’s after the FA cup when apart from the local fixtures pompey etc we travelled reasonably lightly. We had our nutters who got stuck in although I never witnessed any in house fighting.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Obviously share the absolute revulsion at this arsehole’s actions. We all know it could just as easily happened to any one of us, at any away game.

One point I would make though - I’m sure folk didn’t really mean their posts to come across as they do - but there’s a fair bit of “What a ****, doing that to a fellow Albion fan” - this guy‘s hideous actions, would be every bit as hideous if inflicted on an opposition fan, a steward, or a random passer-by. This shouldn’t be about loyalty amongst ourselves. It should be about not being a violent ****.

Wardy's twin

Oct 21, 2014
Obviously share the absolute revulsion at this arsehole’s actions. We all know it could just as easily happened to any one of us, at any away game.
One point I would make though - I’m sure folk didn’t really mean their posts to come across as they do - but there’s a fair bit of “What a ****, doing that to a fellow Albion fan” - this guy‘s hideous actions, would be every bit as hideous if inflicted on an opposition fan, a steward, or a random passer-by. This shouldn’t be about loyalty amongst ourselves. It should be about not being a violent ****.
was going to say similar.

Last edited:

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
I’m going back to the 80’s after the FA cup when apart from the local fixtures pompey etc we travelled reasonably lightly. We had our nutters who got stuck in although I never witnessed any in house fighting.
I went to over 150 away matches in the 90s and I can't even recall a single game where Albion fans started trouble. If there was it would. have been pretty minor. I knew most of the regulars at away matches. We didn't take long to count.

papajaff

Aug 7, 2005
Brighton
Yep I saw this. Absolute unprovoked attack and made me feel utter disgust at the perpetrator.
The lad just pointed out he was taking up a family or friends seat and the coward assaulted the lads Dad and then headbutted the lad. Sickening.
Sorry if this has been discussed as only back from Marseille this morning and haven't read through.
I assume Darren B has been informed and I will contact him as well.
Pretty sure it was the cowards lad who tried to calm him down. How proud he must be.
I asked the lad who was assaulted if he had the cowards picture and he confirmed

Eric the meek

Fiveways Wilf
NSC Patron
Aug 24, 2020
It would be a travesty if nothing came of this due to inertia or the feeling that 'someone else can do it' by the witnesses.

On behalf of the victims, all law-abiding fans, and the future victims of the vicious individual, may I urge you to forward your details to the police and the club and offer them your evidence.

Thank you.

Colonel Mustard

Jun 18, 2023
What someone being assaulted, ABH, surely that's a criminal offence the whole world over.
Sadly, hitting someone in a football crowd.would not be seen as a big deal. A knife attack, yes. Life threatening injuries, yes. A bloody nose? Unfortunately not.

Ratso2005

Dec 4, 2004
Sadly, hitting someone in a football crowd.would not be seen as a big deal. A knife attack, yes. Life threatening injuries, yes. A bloody nose? Unfortunately not.
In the UK it's a common assault, regardless of the context in which it took place. In this case with aggravating factors (the age/vulnerability of the victim).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here