Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Assault in away end

el punal

You are virtually giving permission to the club to have your image posted publicly by buying a ticket to go to the football. I have appeared on MOTD, and in the Argus, without my express permission.
it’s in the terms of the ticket purchase. Ronald could film you, and there’s nothing you can do about it.
I appeared in a photo which featured Marc Cucurella and his missus, my daughter said I looked like an old, miserable git - she was right. :down:

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
I was a few rows in front of this. Didn’t see the assault sadly or I’d be glad to help, but the aftermath was shocking enough. Youngish chap with a bloodied nose, a still raging dad being pushed away by his clearly distraught son. Funnily enough I’d been standing on the same bus with them on the way to the stadium. Dad and son were clearly very drunk and I thank god that I didn’t have reason to get in his way then and offend him perhaps. I’d recognise them again for absolute certainty.

Interestingly I saw the stewards being told and the steward making the action of a headbutt to another possibly more senior steward. I assumed therefore they were dealing with him and as a minimum kicking him out. Disappointed to hear he came back in.

As an aside and Bozza touched on this, where were the stewards generally? I saw a few early on stopping our fans from gesticulating at the fence but nothing after that. None in the concourse for broom gate fun.

I’m probably an old duffer for saying this but too many men of a certain age drunk more than they should have done. It gave me England away vibes when plenty end up missing the game because they can barely stand up! Odd behaviour to so clearly not know your limits.

I’m fearing it will be even worse in Amsterdam.
The space shakes will certainly mean a few miss the game in Amsterdam.:shrug:

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Was never like this back in the day, older Albion fans and youngers were looked after yes it kicked off although only against opposition fans. I don’t go to away games much now and witnessed far too many arseholes the last time I went which was the cup game at Arsenal. Entitled twats standing up blocking the view of OAP fans and giving abuse when asked to sit down so all could see. The new age of some Albion fans a disgrace.

Cotton Socks

Skint Supporter
Feb 20, 2017
That's so disappointing (and disgusting). People were expecting some sort of grief from the Marseille fans, which didn't really happen but instead people were assaulted by our own fans. Hope the people who got attacked are ok? I feel sorry for the kid too, ☹️

dwayne

Jul 5, 2003
London
Was never like this back in the day, older Albion fans and youngers were looked after yes it kicked off although only against opposition fans. I don’t go to away games much now and witnessed far too many arseholes the last time I went which was the cup game at Arsenal. Entitled twats standing up blocking the view of OAP fans and giving abuse when asked to sit down so all could see. The new age of some Albion fans a disgrace.
Cocaine is a powerful drug.

I was on the nice-marseille train to the game with some absolute nutters.... they had actually smuggled a packet on the plane, absolute lunatics. Tbf to them they woudnt attack fellow Albion but they said they were looking for trouble from Marseille.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
You don't want to risk any legal action by the club or Police by publishing his picture. Although an e-mail address for the club/police for any witnesses to contact them may be helpful.
Indeed. Let the process proceed. There is no place for a kangaroo court.

Weststander

NSC Patron
Aug 25, 2011
Withdean area
I served on a jury about 6 years ago where two scummers, not for the first time, attacked an innocent out at night. A head butt was used. The judge, HHJ Christine Laing QC, straight after our guilty verdicts stated that she'd seen deaths from head butts. A month later she gave them 6 year prison terms.

Vile, cowardly actions. Absolutely nothing to proud of, but will that register in the pathetic mind of the attacker?

Neville's Breakfast

May 1, 2016
Oxton, Birkenhead
There were plenty of dickheads in the old days. The difference was terraces so you could move elsewhere and also smaller away crowds at many matches so somewhere to move to. We were jostled on our way out of Old Trafford a few weeks ago by idiot teenagers walking across and through the crowds at the top of the stairs so they could greet each other. Very sweet but they nearly knocked me down the stairs.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
How far back are you going?

I went to Selhurst Park for a league game & sat down near the front with old Bernie (programme seller) because neither of us could stand throughout the game. There was netting and webbing over the front three rows of seats. We had asked the steward if we could be at the front out of the way.
We were losing 1-0 and Ashley Barnes equallised from a penalty. Brighton fans came rushing down the steps, jumped all over the netting, and were kicking the seats, breaking them. One fell over whilst kicking a seat, on top of me. Bernie was ducking down to protect his head.
@Biscuit bless him, saw what was happening and with another lad came down to stand next to me to protect me, from the idiots.
By all means, have limbs when we score, but do look out for the vulnerable.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here