Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

ASPINALL- Get a big drum and get the Amex rocking

brightn'ove

cringe
Apr 12, 2011
London
it would certainly stop the multitude of different songs being sung by the north stand at once. say what you like about palace but when the place is rocking, it is very loud, and the drum helps unify the whole stadium (only when they are winning)

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
As an away fan at grounds who use a drum I find them really irritating, not sure if I'd feel the same if it was our drum. Our atmosphere isn't always the best, it could help.

Some teams simply bang the drum without any sort of rhythm. If it's done properly with paradiddles etc, then it could galvanise the singing and even slow down Sussex by the Sea.
It would have to done properly or we'd be better off without it.

Sussex Nomad

Aug 26, 2010
EP
His words 'The germans do it, it gets the atmosphere going'. We need to stop worrying about cringing and embarrassment at the Amex and worry more about raising an atmosphere.

Thoughts?

Think he was little over excited and the adrenalin was running, a truly forgetful moment for him, and he's had a few!

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Get the fans in first. We're about Five thousand short of the official pretendence. That and play a game on Saturday perhaps?! :)

It works at other grounds, so why not at the Amex. It might get the whole North stand singing the same song for a change. I still don't understand why we seem louder and more united away from home than we do at home. We need to get the singers singing the same song together and be more united in the North stand, and then the whole ground can get into it.

Green Cross Code Man

Wunt be druv
Mar 30, 2006
Eastbourne
say what you like about palace but when the place is rocking, it is very loud, and the drum helps unify the whole stadium (only when they are winning)

At my age, I'm getting forgetful. Indeed, I can't even recollect the last time palace actually won a game.

Ecosse Exile

May 20, 2009
Alicante, Spain
You can be forgiven for forgetting, seeing as it was LAST YEAR :lolol:

How did they do today?

On the subject of drums, I've always been in the no camp, but sometimes the atmosphere at the AMEX is dire, maybe it's time to move on, after all if a few spotty yoofs can get that shithole up the road rocking, imagine what an accousticly superior amex could be like.

There's been a few games where the atmosphere has been good without a drum, but nowhere near often enough.

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
I still don't understand why we seem louder and more united away from home than we do at home.

Away fans are always more likely to sing, are made up of some of the more passionate fans, and have a sense of togetherness that is not present in home fans.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here