Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Good to see all the usual Barnes haters on this thread, just to remind you he has been our top scorer for the past 2 seasons. So you would let him leave for peanuts and then spend millions on some-one maybe two who might not fit in as we have seen with previous strikers or take months to get used to our style of play ... mmm interesting then you would no doubt be slagging them off as well and then maybe seeing Ash in a more positive light

Get your facts right. He definitely was NOT top scorer last season.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Ash is an average Championship striker. But £500k is an insult, even with under a season left on his current contract.

keaton

Big heart, hot blood and balls. Big balls
Nov 18, 2004
Unless we're planning on signing another (poss better) striker?

I'd say most people feel we need another striker anyway. If all we do between now and the end of the transfer window is swap Barnes for a striker( who's possibly better) who might not settle or fit in I think most people will be disappointed

Phat Baz 68

Get a ****ing life mate !
Apr 16, 2011
Get your facts right. He definitely was NOT top scorer last season.

CMS with 11 last season but Barnes did have 9
Season 11/12 Barnes with 9

Can't really fault the guy too much if we got rid of him we would come to regret it as a club I believe.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
CMS with 11 last season but Barnes did have 9
Season 11/12 Barnes with 9

Can't really fault the guy too much if we got rid of him we would come to regret it as a club I believe.

So, you are confirming I was right. CMS got 11 in half a season. I expect Barnes will never achieve that in the Championship.

seagull_special

Jun 9, 2008
Abu Dhabi
Without sounding flippant, we would be better off letting his contract expire, we wouldn't replace him for 500k. alternatively, if we had strikers in place we could sell him in January!

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
Without sounding flippant, we would be better off letting his contract expire, we wouldn't replace him for 500k. alternatively, if we had strikers in place we could sell him in January!

Thats the issue. If we've already sorted out a replacement then fine, if not I wouldn't sell him for £5m. There are still dreams of getting promoted and we can't do that with one fit striker.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This always happens shortly before transfer deadline day and a player is out of contract the following June. Agents will be playing clubs off against one another to build up interest in a potential move with the result either being a transfer or a contract extension being signed.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
So, you are confirming I was right. CMS got 11 in half a season. I expect Barnes will never achieve that in the Championship.

CMS was BRILLIANT for the first 4 months or so of the season. Yet he had a couple of months dip in form and then got injured. Of course, people choose to concentrate on the dip in form thing and not the fact he finished top scorer by scoring most goals in the first half of the season...

I still think he will comegood. Very good. Next to Ulloa.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
If Barnes goes to Burnley they will improve MASSIVELY as a team with goal threat.

Come on Ash just sign the fecking contract we've offered you or tell us that you want to stay if the club will up their offer. I'll lead the campaign backing you :wink:

Munkfish

May 1, 2006
Burnley seem chuffed, I would be gutted if Ashley left, I really dont understand why all the hatred towrds him, its not like we have been really shit when he has been us, infact we won league 1, finished top half of the championship and then finished 4th? Obviously contributed nothing in those 3 seasons to the haters?

I hope we keep Barnes, there is currently no better out there and he does a decent Job for us when he is not the lone man upfront, why would we want to sell barnes and sign another striker who cant offer any versitility from the bench.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
The good news is we've definetely not struggled to sign good strikers over the last few years

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
The good news is we've definetely not struggled to sign good strikers over the last few years

What about the 18 months after we shot ourselves in the foot with GM? Jury is still out on CMS being a good striker at this level, most if not all of the others before Ulloa were donkeys unless I am having a memory failure.

keaton

Nov 18, 2004
What about the 18 months after we shot ourselves in the foot with GM? Jury is still out on CMS being a good striker at this level, most if not all of the others before Ulloa were donkeys unless I am having a memory failure.

Sorry, I was being sarcastic.

WhingForPresident

NSC Patron
Feb 23, 2009
Marlborough
"Would that be the Brighton that have scored the princely sum of two goals so far this season when facing teams with 11 men ?" from the Burnley board..

I gather they don't teach maths in Burnley.

Leeds 2-1 Brighton
Brighton 1-3 Newport
Brighton 1-2 Derby
Birmingham 0-1 Brighton
Brighton 1-0 Burnley (before they went down to ten men).

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here