Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes

jamie the seagull

Jul 27, 2011
Barnes may be tempted if Burnley are either offering a higher salary or a longer contract term than us.
I am not sure what Brighton offered on the recent contract offer but he will expect us to match the contract length or wages.
Burnley's parachute payments ended last year and they broke even.
They must be splashing the Austin money as that is all they have.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Brian Owen: A top source in East Lancs says Burnley's final offer for Ashley Barnes was £500,000 - but Albion turned them down.

Last of the big spenders

albionite

May 20, 2009
Brian Owen: A top source in East Lancs says Burnley's final offer for Ashley Barnes was £500,000 - but Albion turned them down.

Last of the big spenders

I thought the first offer was £500,000 final offer must of been more unless they thought if they kept asking at 500k would ware us down and we would finally say yes.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I thought the first offer was £500,000 final offer must of been more unless they thought if they kept asking at 500k would ware us down and we would finally say yes.

:lolol: No idea. Perhaps second and third have various add-ons included.
Perhaps they have bad memories in Burnley.

AZ Gull

@SeagullsAcademy Threads: @bhafcacademy
Oct 14, 2003
Chandler, AZ
Barnes may be tempted if Burnley are either offering a higher salary or a longer contract term than us.
I am not sure what Brighton offered on the recent contract offer but he will expect us to match the contract length or wages.
Burnley's parachute payments ended last year and they broke even.
They must be splashing the Austin money as that is all they have.

That simply isn't true. They made a loss of £8m in 2012-13; and they have their final season of parachute payments THIS season - 'Shocking' £8m loss for Burnley FC

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
So you know more than a sports journalist,... stop guessing,.... the final offer was 500k,....

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here