Ashley Barnes

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
It's an interesting point. If someone has five chances and scores one, has he had a good game???...If we win 1-0 im sure the majority will say yes. If we lose 2-1 the majority would say it was his fault...Casper was faultless at Forest until he threw one in, as it were(between legs to be exact), did he gain us a point or did he cost us two??? He does get paid to stop the ball going in the net after all, that is his job, goalkeeper. As Barnes is a striker, scoring a goal does not mean that everyone that has slagged him off is wrong....I say the bloke is a liability, sure he has some good games but not often enough for me. Let's hope he comes back all guns blazing and with a point to prove.

Behind Enemy Lines

Jul 18, 2003
London
Anyone suggesting we start what is potentially our most important home game of the season so far with Ulloa on the bench and a less than match fit Ashley Barnes as centre forward needs their head examining.

Spot on. Give the man a rest IF we're in a position to do so ( e.g, when the game is, hopefully, won) but madness to start without him.

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
By the way if it was most people, we wouldn't be talking about him coming back, he would be out the door already...But that's just "Ash" so it's ok.
Yeah, it's not like we're desperate for a back-up striker :facepalm:

If Barnes does happen to score on Saturday lets hope all the knockers apolgise for there unrelenting abuse for him.
To be honest, this time he deserves the stick he's getting. He was a complete idiot and could have cost the team badly. As it is, it looks like we may have got away with it (ie, Ulloa has been able to play every game, and we've just about got enough points over the last 7 games).

Give the man a rest IF we're in a position to do so ( e.g, when the game is, hopefully, won) but madness to start without him.
If Ulloa is knackered and needs a rest, then it might be the right thing to do. If Ulloa is completely fit and ready for the game, he'll start - Gus won't even have a decision to make. I'm not sure what the drama is.

kevtherev

Feb 28, 2008
Tunbridge Wells
Yeah, it's not like we're desperate for a back-up striker :facepalm:

To be honest, this time he deserves the stick he's getting. He was a complete idiot and could have cost the team badly. As it is, it looks like we may have got away with it (ie, Ulloa has been able to play every game, and we've just about got enough points over the last 7 games).

We have been desperate in different positions before. Ok not for 7 games granted, but that hasn't stopped people being given the cold shoulder, once they have bitten the hand that feeds them.

brakespear

Doctor Worm
Feb 24, 2009
Sleeping on the roof
I'd give Barnes at least an hour as striker on Saturday and then bring on Ulloa if we need him. If we can take all 3 points without using the Cyclone on Saturday that would be absolutely ideal
Agree with this, I'd much rather Ulloa got a whole games rest if possible.

R. Slicker

Jan 1, 2009
If Barnes does happen to score on Saturday lets hope all the knockers apolgise for there unrelenting abuse for him.

What if he has his usual, half a second behind the rest of the team, giving the ball away, clumsy challenging type of game?
Do us 'knockers' get an apology?

Seasider78

Nov 14, 2004
We need the backup badly and he has a point to prove to the fans and his teammates after letting them down with a moment of sheer stupidity

Always seems to play better when back from a spell on the sidelines so let's hope he comes back and helps us push on

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
I have been a huge Albion Fan since 1979 and Barnes is the most over-rated Albion player I have ever seen.

Look at the facts, we have moved up to 4th without him.

Look at the goal scoring record v. cost of signing him. Compare it with comparable figures for CMS.

Then go and sit in the corner and think about what you posted :dunce:

OK Ashley Barnes is a loose cannon shitferbrains. But he's OUR loose cannon shitferbrains. Hopefully he'll grow up and develop his attitude to match his natural ability as a goal scorer. If not, then fu kc it, we get rid and move on. Ashley's call really :shrug:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
OK Ashley Barnes is a loose cannon shitferbrains. But he's OUR loose cannon shitferbrains.
Singing aye aye Ashley Ashley Barnes...

m20gull

Jun 10, 2004
Land of the Chavs
What if he has his usual, half a second behind the rest of the team, giving the ball away, clumsy challenging type of game?
Do us 'knockers' get an apology?
If he has a "half a second behind the rest of the team, giving the ball away, clumsy challenging type of game" it won't be his "usual" game. Welcome back, Ash

Brighton til I Die

May 22, 2010
Scored 20 goals in his rookie season, top scorer for us last season and scored 1 in 5 this season from a deep lying role. Oh and he's only 23. What are we moaning about?!

Last edited:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports