Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes - last laugh

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
Im absolutely delighted for Ash. Was someone who would give passion and 100% every game which is what we need right now

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I believe that Burnley will sell him in the summer to a southern based championship side possibly Brentford, Charlton Orient or similar saying that he and his family cant settle up north and recoup the money that they paid as he will have done the job they wanted of him?

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
I think he could have been persuaded. He said he didn't feel wanted. I don't think coercion would have worked as it would have resulted in a resentful player.

I'm minded not to believe the words of a footballer. They tend to be crafted by an agent.

He was never going to say they offered me a better deal than Brighton. That would paint him in the wrong light with the Burnley fans.

Saying he didn't feel wanted at Brighton works a treat.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
I'm minded not to believe the words of a footballer. They tend to be crafted by an agent.

He was never going to say they offered me a better deal than Brighton. That would paint him in the wrong light with the Burnley fans.

Saying he didn't feel wanted at Brighton works a treat.

It's not a usual comment from a footballer. I have rarely seen it.
It didn't help when fans at the Amex made a very audible gasp when he stepped up to take a penalty.

Barrel of Fun

Abort, retry, fail
It's not a usual comment from a footballer. I have rarely seen it.
It didn't help when fans at the Amex made a very audible gasp when he stepped up to take a penalty.

Love is often spoken about.

Either positive or negative.

It may well have been a sugar coating of 'they didn't offer me enough money'.

I left a very well paid job as I didn't feel they loved me enough and ended up in education :)

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Love is often spoken about.

Either positive or negative.

It may well have been a sugar coating of 'they didn't offer me enough money'.

I left a very well paid job as I didn't feel they loved me enough and ended up in education :)

Yes, but are you HAPPY?

For example our Ash now gets to live next door to some dark, satanic mill. And you just can't put a price on that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here