Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes isn't nearly good enough for us.

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
From official site.

Ashley Barnes has been nominated for the npower League One Player of the Month award for April.

The 21-year-old striker scored four goals during the month to help steer the Seagulls towards the League One title, and crucially the last-gasp winner against Dagenham & Redbridge to seal automatic promotion.

Barnes, who now has a personal tally of 19 goals for the season with one game to play, has been nominated alongside Danny Ings (Bournemouth), Neil Mellor (Sheffield Wednesday) and Craig Mackail-Smith (Peterborough United).

The winner will be announced on Friday.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Ban seems to have finished early??Wonder what happened there. I must have a powerful fan!!

Well thats a lessons learned. Dont get into a debate with El Presidente, and allow him to wind you up, as he'll ban you. I suppose its one way to win an argument, become a Mod and just ban those who you dont agree with!!

Took him best part of a day to confirm it was him who banned me for abusing other users ho ho ho. Maybe no other mod would dig him out of a hole, but he did visit at least one online mod, but lesson learned, just dont engage with him. Very poor show indeed. If I could be arsed, I'd go back and quote some of his posts where he's abused users, but whats the point he'll only ban me to silence me again.

:tosser: can i use that smiley. Its not aimed at anyone, just like the look of it :tosser:

Last edited:

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
As much as I disagree with Mr Burns' point of view, that's just such a ridiculous comment. Are you 3 years old? Or educated in a hole in the ground?
In all fairness, you did go on a few times about me not replying to your post, and when I di give you some "evidence" as you demanded, you ignored it. Like to here your views.

Sorry if its been a few days since I posted. Been banned for backing a mod into a corner a couple of times:annoyed::down::rolleyes: :tantrum:

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
If it makes you happy. Seems NSCers are not the only ones who sees goals and makes a judgement:cute::cute::cute:

Oddly enough I thought that was the prime role of a striker, should he be good in goal as well ?

Danny-Boy

Banned
Apr 21, 2009
The Coast
Ok if we are comparing:

Murray in previous seasons has gone missing in games and been very petulant to the detriment of the team.

This season under Gus he has come on leaps and bounds and realised his potential at this level and looks like he he will be steady at Championship level.

Murray has seasons of experience at this leel and is now approaching his peak performance age.

Barnes has scored 19 Goals in his first full season as a regular and looks good around the box with his link up play, will be more of a squad player next season I'm sure but in a few years could be one hell of a player. Or are we saying all his goals were a fluke and just down to the team?

IMHO Barnes will be a good solid forward for us in years to come.

My view as an outsider, is that Barnes without Murray and possibly Bennett next season would struggle. If Norwich get promoted -or have they already? - waving say a £2m offer under Bennett's agent might be more tempting than he can resist. Albion should invest in replacements for both Murray and Bennett.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
My view as an outsider, is that Barnes without Murray and possibly Bennett next season would struggle. If Norwich get promoted -or have they already? - waving say a £2m offer under Bennett's agent might be more tempting than he can resist. Albion should invest in replacements for both Murray and Bennett.

I suspect most people would agree with you, some however think that Barnes has not been worth his place in the SQUAD this season, and they are entitled to their opinions.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Oddly enough I thought that was the prime role of a striker, should he be good in goal as well ?
Well as someone said earlier, what do you think would happen if we had Bristol Rovers, (a side that have been relagated) young 20 goal striker Hoskins playing for us, and 19 goal Barnes played for them. Do you seriosuly think Hoskins would have only got 20 and Barnes would have bagged 20 for Rovers?

Barnes is clearly not useless as you are trying to make it look as I am saying, but he is a very average league one striker, in a very above average league one side.

Joey Deacon's Disco Suit

It's a THUG life
Apr 19, 2010
I suspect most people would agree with you, some however think that Barnes has not been worth his place in the SQUAD this season, and they are entitled to their opinions.

Well as someone said earlier, what do you think would happen if we had Bristol Rovers, (a side that have been relagated) young 20 goal striker Hoskins playing for us, and 19 goal Barnes played for them. Do you seriosuly think Hoskins would have only got 20 and Barnes would have bagged 20 for Rovers?

Barnes is clearly not useless as you are trying to make it look as I am saying, but he is a very average league one striker, in a very above average league one side.

Haven't you two got anything better to do than keep this crap up? Nearly 300 posts alone on this thread between the two of you and what you got to show for it? Judging by Mr Burns latest missive the debate has not been moved forward by even an iota.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
NO they don't. But then thats you making up for own verison of whats been said.... again.... and again... and again :yawn:

You mix up peoples words all the time, and it was there for everyone to see, that when you don't have anything fresh to add, or are backed into a corner, you start to misquote even more and wind people up, and then when they bite back, you use your powers as a Moderator to ban them (even if it did take you best part of a day to own up to it, and the week ban was lifted by someone after a few days), so I don't feel it's worth getting into any sort of debate with someone that. Let's have NSC so you can get into a debate with a Mod without the risk of them banning you for doing it.

I won't risk starting the line with something that can be taken as " For constant abuse of other posters. " and risk being banned by that "other poster" again.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
NO they don't. But then thats you making up for own verison of whats been said.... again.... and again... and again :yawn:

You mix up peoples words all the time, and it was there for everyone to see, that when you don't have anything fresh to add, or are backed into a corner, you start to misquote even more and wind people up, and then when they bite back, you use your powers as a Moderator to ban them (even if it did take you best part of a day to own up to it, and the week ban was lifted by someone after a few days), so I don't feel it's worth getting into any sort of debate with someone that. Let's have NSC so you can get into a debate with a Mod without the risk of them banning you for doing it.

I won't risk starting the line with something that can be taken as " For constant abuse of other posters. " and risk being banned by that "other poster" again.

Oh Phillip, take a chill pill x

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Haven't you two got anything better to do than keep this crap up? Nearly 300 posts alone on this thread between the two of you and what you got to show for it? Judging by Mr Burns latest missive the debate has not been moved forward by even an iota.
Don't worry the debate between me and EL Presidente has finished, as unfortauntely he uses his powers to ban people he can't debate with. If he stayed clear of the thread, and the others who ask over and over again for proof or points, but then dont reply when they get them, did reply, then the debate would move on.

But never mind, we are in the situation now that Barnes is the only first team striker signed on for next season, so either we will see his true worth, or Gus will sign three, maybe even four strikers to play before him, and everyone will have forgotton about him by Christmas, and he can find his level in league one or two.

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Oh Phillip, take a chill pill x

Mr Burns

Aug 25, 2003
Springfield
Not them, just you x

(Ban didnt stick long though did it?)

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here