Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes isn't nearly good enough for us.

X Isle

Mar 6, 2011
Worthing
Cheers Sam. We're all keyed up (sitting in the Devon gloom as a I type waiting for my drinking buddies to arrive) but in truth relegation doesn't hold the same fear as it normally does, far more concerned about the CVA vote on the 6th.

That said I just don't like Southampton :wanker: and I fear the usually easygoing, laidback Westcountry demeanour may boil over if they bring their usual arrogance and start abusing us at our wake. In an almost exact copy last season Newcastle were celebrating the championship as they relegated us on our patch, not one bit of abuse and we won so many friends by being hospitable and put aside our disappointment to acknowledge their success.

You just KNOW that the scummers will be singing cheerio all game and it'll go completely over their heads that, people have been walking round with collection buckets all day, that they were in adminsitation not so long ago and the game is only on at all because our staff have been working without pay since before Christmas.

Better relegated, better even to be liquidated and start again than become like them. Hey-ho, let the drinking commence..........

:drink: + :hilton: = :sheep:

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Cheers Sam. We're all keyed up (sitting in the Devon gloom as a I type waiting for my drinking buddies to arrive) but in truth relegation doesn't hold the same fear as it normally does, far more concerned about the CVA vote on the 6th.

That said I just don't like Southampton :wanker: and I fear the usually easygoing, laidback Westcountry demeanour may boil over if they bring their usual arrogance and start abusing us at our wake. In an almost exact copy last season Newcastle were celebrating the championship as they relegated us on our patch, not one bit of abuse and we won so many friends by being hospitable and put aside our disappointment to acknowledge their success.

You just KNOW that the scummers will be singing cheerio all game and it'll go completely over their heads that, people have been walking round with collection buckets all day, that they were in adminsitation not so long ago and the game is only on at all because our staff have been working without pay since before Christmas.

Better relegated, better even to be liquidated and start again than become like them. Hey-ho, let the drinking commence..........

Too right, should be a quality game though,and what goes around comes around in football... Is it a sell out or have some of your fans given up hope?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
well do you think murray is good enough for the championship?
hes only a few goals off barnes and more playing time.

Christ, not the sharpest knife in the draw are you? What Murray does with his back to goal is what makes him a good player, why do you think we've looked so dreadful when he hasn't played this season, he is integral to the way we play, Barnes scores goals but he has little else to his game, Murray is excellent across the pitch, how many hundreds of corners/free kicks have you seen headed away by him? Who is it organizing the defense at free kicks? Him.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

I agree with your sentiments, but then again we sang the same songs at you when you came to us earlier in the year...

Deano's Invisible Pants

Mar 1, 2008
Christ, not the sharpest knife in the draw are you? What Murray does with his back to goal is what makes him a good player, why do you think we've looked so dreadful when he hasn't played this season, he is integral to the way we play, Barnes scores goals but he has little else to his game, Murray is excellent across the pitch, how many hundreds of corners/free kicks have you seen headed away by him? Who is it organizing the defense at free kicks? Him.

Different kitchen implement mentioned in the first sentence of your post, but apparently still a case of 'pot & kettle'. If you think Barnes has little else to his game other than scoring goals, you must have missed his generally excellent link up play, his ability to drop deep into midfield to collect the ball, to say nothing of his willingness to track back and close down opponents - effectively our first line of defence. Do you think that Gus plays him just for his goals then?

stss30

Apr 24, 2008
Different kitchen implement mentioned in the first sentence of your post, but apparently still a case of 'pot & kettle'. If you think Barnes has little else to his game other than scoring goals, you must have missed his generally excellent link up play, his ability to drop deep into midfield to collect the ball, to say nothing of his willingness to track back and close down opponents - effectively our first line of defence. Do you think that Gus plays him just for his goals then?
Gus playing Barnes proves that he is a complete IDIOT and we will be lucky to get FIVE points next season

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008

Compare it to Murrays. There is the fact that Barnes regularly goes missing for long stretches of the game, gives it away cheaply with woeful first touches, gets muscled off the ball extremely easily in ways that Murray is not and I don't think I've ever seen him header an incoming corner or free kick out and he doesn't organize the wall like Murray does, but PLEASE, carry on.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here