Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes isn't nearly good enough for us.

beardy gull

Jul 18, 2003
Portslade
From the match thread posted by Acker79.

Shots (goals)
Murray 103 (22) - 1 goal every 4.68 shots
Barnes 93 (20) - 1 goal every 4.65 shots
Wood 70 (10) - 1 goal every 7 shots
Sandaza 17 (5) - 1 goal every 3.4 shots

Games
Murray 45 (5) - 50apps
Barnes 38 (11) - 49apps
Wood - 24 (7) - 31apps
Sandaza - 4 (15) - 19apps

JBizzle

Apr 18, 2010
Seaford
From the match thread posted by Acker79.

Shots (goals)
Murray 103 (22) - 1 goal every 4.68 shots
Barnes 93 (20) - 1 goal every 4.65 shots
Wood 70 (10) - 1 goal every 7 shots
Sandaza 17 (5) - 1 goal every 3.4 shots

Games
Murray 45 (5) - 50apps
Barnes 38 (11) - 49apps
Wood - 24 (7) - 31apps
Sandaza - 4 (15) - 19apps

IRRELEVANT!!! IRRELEVANT!!! STATS MEAN NOTHING!!!
HE'S RUBBISH!!!

Sorry, had an attack of idiocy. Interesting statistics.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
You really must be a bit of a retard if all you do is pop into this thread to bump it up then never look at it again. Makes you look like the "rather dull wrong 'un"

Aw. You are very sweet. xxx

Listen, candyass: could you maybe try and up your game a bit? Because unbeknownst to you, there's actually been a whole load of trolls on NSC over the years: neo-Nazi ones, sub-literate ones, sketchy/paedo ones, you name it. So being the "very boring little drone who posts a lot but without ever adding anything of the slightest interest"-one isn't really up to that much tbh. Quality not quantity. Give it a go.

Man of Harveys

Jul 9, 2003
Brighton, UK
Candyass? Oh dear, MoH. You are now one of them.

Au contraire, my old mucker. I was very fond of that expression long before packing mosquito net and pith helmet and heading out to the colonies, I assure you.

GoldWithFalmer

Seaweed! Seaweed!
Apr 24, 2011
SouthCoast
Austrias new number 9?

Ashley Barnes? name sounds that of a pedigree striker-perhaps we are witness to the start of a promising young striker for English football.
(EDIT)not to be confused with promising young striker for English football(England team then)
:clap:
He couldn't do much worse than the current bunch of donkeys although he'd have to get used to chasing shadows and zero service.

Barnes > Maierhofer.

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Well Well Well, 20 goals for Ash at the age of 20\21 in his first full season, pretty bloody impressive however you look at it.

Mar 29, 2010
Under your skin.
Yay, Barnes has 20 goals.

How many would Knight had in this team this season? How many would Forster have?

Jake Robinson could have got 20 in this team. :rolleyes:

Meh, He was good today but if he's in our top 3 strikers next season then we're in trouble.

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
Meh, He was good today but if he's in our top 3 strikers next season then we're in trouble.

If he scores 20 goals next season we almost certainly will NOT be in trouble

As it stands he is probably three years "ahead of schedule" in terms of becoming an effective striker in league football. If he maintains his focus and continues to learn and to progress he could become a very valuable asset

danwa08

Sep 19, 2010
great goal against county, 20 goals not bad for a bit part striker.......i am a fan of ashley barnes great achievement this season i hope he goes on from here and produces more goals. and at the age he is i am sure he can only get better, be thankful there was someone other than murrey banging them in.

SpidersLegs

Feb 2, 2007
Here & there
I wish all you f***ing twats would get off his back. If you can't support our players f*** off & support Palace with all the other retards. I thought his goal was class yesterday. A good striker who will do well for us next year.

bhaexpress

Jul 7, 2003
Kent
I would say that yesterday's goal, whilst not his most important, was his best as an Albion player, augers well for us as far as I am concerned. I wonder how he and Plymouth would have fared if we hadn't have signed him. Also interesting that six of our current squad's players' old teams have been relegated, Stockport, Plymouth, Swindon and Scunthorpe.

Last edited:

tezz79

Apr 20, 2011
I wish all you f***ing twats would get off his back. If you can't support our players f*** off & support Palace with all the other retards. I thought his goal was class yesterday. A good striker who will do well for us next year.
I think MOST of us our fans, I know I am & am definetly keen to see how he does in the championship.
We still need a couple of strikers (especially) if Murray goes but I think used correctly barnes will grow even more as a player & at a higher level.
I know a few disagree with me but I'm sure they appreciate what he's done for the club this season & most of the negativity has just come from fans of barnes & those who are not so keen both just trying to get their points across

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here