Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes is off if buying clubs meet asking price...

Mancgull

Nov 28, 2011
Astley, Manchester
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Barnsey was off and the reason is that I see him as the most closely aligned player to Gus. Wasn't it reported thatGus visited his home just before being given the sack? In fairness to Barnes, wouldn't you have some loyalty to a boss that stuck with you after being sent off for tripping over a ref. ( not saying that it was the right decision to support him to the extent that Gus did). If the right offer comes in, then it would be best all around to let him go, so long as the replacement is good.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
I wouldn't be at all surprised if Barnsey was off and the reason is that I see him as the most closely aligned player to Gus. Wasn't it reported thatGus visited his home just before being given the sack? In fairness to Barnes, wouldn't you have some loyalty to a boss that stuck with you after being sent off for tripping over a ref. ( not saying that it was the right decision to support him to the extent that Gus did). If the right offer comes in, then it would be best all around to let him go, so long as the replacement is good.

Nope. Was mentioned on here. Definitely not the same thing.
We're keeping Ash.

ole ole ole vicente

Aug 6, 2012
I think barnsey will be sold at the right price but only when we have a replacement. Next signing to be announced later this week, whilst in Spain. Attacking midfielder

Spun Cuppa

Thanks Greens :(
He'll probably 'do a Murray', and score like thirty goals in the Champ somewhere else :eek:

It made me wonder how he could miss so many 'effing sitters over the last few seasons ???

BUTTERBALL

East Stand Brighton Boyz
Jul 31, 2003
location location
I would like Barnes to stay and be given a new contract. He is very very versatile and i think he is worth more to us that the million odd pounds we might get for him.

Surf's Up

Jul 17, 2011
Here
I would like Barnes to stay and be given a new contract. He is very very versatile and i think he is worth more to us that the million odd pounds we might get for him.

I'm surprising myself and agreeing with this. I've been through the wringer with Barnes but right now I'd really like him to stay and let's see what Oscar can do with him.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I think it would be very difficult to replace a young striker who is proven at this level, has experience, and is as versatile as Barnes for the 1m to 1.5m that people seem to think we would get for him. He will go on to be a very good striker, he improves year on year, whether it be with us or someone else. It's not like we are blessed with players who can play in midfield, upfront and defend too. He gets so much flak but which other players could shine when played out of their natural position most games? CMS and Hoskins are injured so selling him would weaken us further imo as I just don't see us getting a similar quality proven player without spending considerably more than we are likely to get for him.

somerset

Jul 14, 2003
Yatton, North Somerset
I think it would be very difficult to replace a young striker who is proven at this level,

Maybe OG sees no need for another striker if Leo, CMS, Hoskins, Toby, Barker etc remain fit and available for selection, ...especially if we have a new element or two in midfield to supply the ball.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Maybe OG sees no need for another striker if Leo, CMS, Hoskins, Toby, Barker etc remain fit and available for selection,.

Hmm, so we sell our 2nd best striker, good plan :smile:

grubbyhands

Dec 8, 2011
Godalming
Hope he stays and I think the majority of people feel the same way. Still a bit of a work in progress but will only improve, hopefully with us.

grawhite

Jul 6, 2011
Brighton
Would rather sell Hoskins, Harley and CMS if we have to sell for FFP, Barnes being sold would be a huge mistake.

Albumen

Don't wait for me!
Jan 19, 2010
Brighton - In your face
There's no substance to this is there? I'd imagine there'd be plenty before him on their way out before No.9 Ashley Barnes. Someone who follows instructions to the max is someone you don't usually want rid of.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Barnes is the kid at school who bullies the person who takes the ball off him by smashing him up seconds after it's been taking from him. No room for idiots like that.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here