Ashley Barnes is off if buying clubs meet asking price...

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
i would be disappointed but we wouldn't be selling him and not replacing him (i'd hope) so there should be a good player coming in

More importantly, what if we lost Harley and Barnes before the start of the season? Who will NSC pick on?

We've still got ankergren and brezovan. And barber.

HastingsSeagull

Jan 13, 2010
BGC Manila
Would think wide forwards in the 3 of a 4-2-3-1 formation are the most likely players to come in from Barca B etc. so good move if 2M+

I rate him as an above average Champ striker (still improving but with a definite ceiling) so would only sell at 2M if we can bring someone better in for less, but would think we CAN if from abroad!!! English talent is over-priced :(

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Wont be this guy then if Barnes goes.

noeliadéniz ‏@noeliadeniz 11m
I can tell you now: Jonathan Soriano won't sign for Brighton, his wages are too much for #BHAFC

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Barnes is relatively easily replaceable IMHO. Average Championship striker at best. The key question for me is, IF we sell him, will we replace? Answer = yes. That said, we should have released Hoskins when we had the chance, and replaced him instead.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
Wont be this guy then if Barnes goes.

noeliadéniz ‏@noeliadeniz 11m
I can tell you now: Jonathan Soriano won't sign for Brighton, his wages are too much for #BHAFC

I'm amazed the Austrian league pays big wages TBH.

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
this, he also provided IMO the best (goal providing) cross of the season for Ulloa v Arsenal

Absolutely spot on. That cross was utter perfection but is often ignored because it was Barnes who played it.

Unquestionably, he is a good striker but for me he has had his reputation with the fans spoilt but being unselfish and by being a team player. It seems coaches and scouts within the game understand his value a bit more.

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
Barnes is relatively easily replaceable IMHO. Average Championship striker at best. The key question for me is, IF we sell him, will we replace? Answer = yes. That said, we should have released Hoskins when we had the chance, and replaced him instead.

But, in times of FFP, will we replace him with a better player for the cost of losing him (seems to be around 1/1.5/2m)?

Personally, I don't think so..

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
But, in times of FFP, will we replace him with a better player for the cost of losing him (seems to be around 1/1.5/2m)?

Personally, I don't think so..

I think we can, precisely because we are in the FFP era.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
Norwich have reportedly bid £4M for Hooper and if the offer is rejected or they cannot reach personal terms the next target is Barnesy who they might consider in the same price range.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports