Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes is off if buying clubs meet asking price...

upthealbion1970

bring on the trumpets....
NSC Patron
Jan 22, 2009
Woodingdean
Indeed...Awesome - As he proved against Blackpool.

Too many knock Barnes and criticise him...He is, pound for pound, a better all round striker than Hoskins and Mackail-Smith WHEN HE IS PLAYED AS A STRIKER not as a left winger.

Been saying this FOR AGES, its amazing how well barnesy plays in his natural position up top.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Difference is Salzburg finished 2nd last season so qualify for UEFA Europa League. Not something we can offer him.

So did Motherwell, not exactly a hot competition until the quarters and Salzburg wont be getting there.

albionite

May 20, 2009
On that basis, Oscar Garcia should have stayed at Maccabi who are playing Champions League fooball next season!

Yes but his wife didn't want to live there.

I have no idea if he wants to come or not or even if the rumour is true, but always got the impression players main targets are the chance to win things to play in Europe and money. Maybe Jonathan Soriano motivation is to play for Oscar again.

narly101

Feb 16, 2009
London
Losing Ashley Barnes will increase the squad's average IQ though. No more Mr Meat Head.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Yes but his wife didn't want to live there.

I have no idea if he wants to come or not or even if the rumour is true, but always got the impression players main targets are the chance to win things to play in Europe and money. Maybe Jonathan Soriano motivation is to play for Oscar again.

He's not going to win any thing in Europe at Salzburg and the Europa League is below the League cup at the early stages.

I think the motivation is this time next year you could be playing in the English Premier League, which is better than you might win the Austrian League.

deletebeepbeepbeep

May 12, 2009
I like Barnes a lot he's a potential game changer and is incredibly energetic and works hard for the team. Would be a bit gutted if he leaves TBH, more so than I was for SD.

glasfryn

cleaning up cat sick
Nov 29, 2005
somewhere in Eastbourne
THIS RUMOUR HAS BEEN ABOUT FOR A WEEK OR SO.
it was Hull and Norwich that were interested
and I seem to remember an interview with Gus where he said Barnes will probably sell for about 1m and everyone fell about laughing
hope he does not go ...but suspect if he reads NSC on a regular basis he will

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
THIS RUMOUR HAS BEEN ABOUT FOR A WEEK OR SO.
it was Hull and Norwich that were interested
and I seem to remember an interview with Gus where he said Barnes will probably sell for about 1m and everyone fell about laughing
hope he does not go ...but suspect if he reads NSC on a regular basis he will

That rumour was that clubs were interested in buying him. This rumour is that brighton are interested in selling him.

Aug 23, 2011
i would be disappointed but we wouldn't be selling him and not replacing him (i'd hope) so there should be a good player coming in

More importantly, what if we lost Harley and Barnes before the start of the season? Who will NSC pick on?

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
i would be disappointed but we wouldn't be selling him and not replacing him (i'd hope) so there should be a good player coming in

More importantly, what if we lost Harley and Barnes before the start of the season? Who will NSC pick on?

Think CMS is next in line.

WATFORD zero

NSC Patron
Jul 10, 2003
Losing Ashley Barnes will increase the squad's average IQ though.

Yeah but Stephen Hawking's hold up play is shit :facepalm:

I would be very disappointed to see AB go. Best one-up striker we have after Leo, excellent 2nd striker and very good in the position that Gus used him, as box to box wide midfielder. Unless we are playing Leo up front for 90 mins every game, i think we need Barnes.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Because other posters are jealous when someone knows something they don't, and just like to hurl abuse. Neecha will soon go the same way as others on here that had info, and give up sooner rather than later, due to the sad little bully boys.

As for Ashley Barnes, anything we get over a £30 will be a bonus. :lol:

Mr Burns is alive & well.

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
so lets get this right, he's officially been transfer listed, or on an internal unofficialy transfer list? otherwise this seems nothing but rurmour that someone might be interested and he might be sold if the right price came along, which is the same for any player at any club.

Dec 29, 2011
so lets get this right, he's officially been transfer listed, or on an internal unofficialy transfer list? otherwise this seems nothing but rurmour that someone might be interested and he might be sold if the right price came along, which is the same for any player at any club.

It's not too hard to understand. The club have a price in mind, which if is met, they will sell Barnes. It doesn't mean he's transfer listed, not all players have a threshold price at which they're sold, for example Suarez might move to Madrid for £40m, but would cost Manchester United £45m to buy, two different prices for the same player.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here