Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes is off if buying clubs meet asking price...

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Bit concerned about this alleged Barnes sale, looks our only real option if Ulloa gets injured.

I'm sure that Maccabi fan who posted on here says OG likes his Centre forward to be a bit of a target man and Barnes is our next best option to Ulloa in that role.

FOOTSKI

Sep 30, 2010
Kent
I don't have this much info but I do know its a number of clubs inc one prem club interested. A lot of these deals have too many dynamics but if the price is right then sell.
What's he worth £2mill tops?

2 mill ......... start the car i'm driving

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Most of our players are off if buying clubs meet asking price.

It's the same with (almost) every club in the world..

Tubby-McFat-Fuc

May 2, 2013
Brighton
Neecha is the only source we have on NSC at the moment, why does he get abuse?

I'd hate to sell Barnes at a cut-price just for him to go on to score 20 goals next season :facepalm:
Because other posters are jealous when someone knows something they don't, and just like to hurl abuse. Neecha will soon go the same way as others on here that had info, and give up sooner rather than later, due to the sad little bully boys.

As for Ashley Barnes, anything we get over a £30 will be a bonus. :lol:

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Most of our players are off if buying clubs meet asking price.

It's the same with (almost) every club in the world..

Funny you go and say this then splatter it all over twitter !

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I wonder if this has been leaked for a reason, if so,is it to soften the ground for when he goes, or are the club trying to let it known he's available to draw in we more offers. I'd be disappointed if it was the latter, we have few players like Barnes, and I think we will miss him so trying to get rid of him is a mistake in my mind, but, if someone is chasing him, and have met our asking price, I'm ok with it.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Neecha is the only source we have on NSC at the moment, why does he get abuse?

I'd hate to sell Barnes at a cut-price just for him to go on to score 20 goals next season :facepalm:

I've no idea, I for one very much appreciate him posting his little nuggets and as they seem one of the only realist rumours we get on this site.

Neecha

Jul 10, 2012
London
Because other posters are jealous when someone knows something they don't, and just like to hurl abuse. Neecha will soon go the same way as others on here that had info, and give up sooner rather than later, due to the sad little bully boys.

As for Ashley Barnes, anything we get over a £30 will be a bonus. :lol:

IF Barnes is played as a striker he is awesome IMO problem is he kept being played out of position to compensate GP's formation

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
Not sure if this is mentioned anywhere else, but Jonathan Soriano is being linked...If there are any guts in this rumour, then it would be an amazing signing...

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
I wonder if this has been leaked for a reason, if so,is it to soften the ground for when he goes, or are the club trying to let it known he's available to draw in we more offers. I'd be disappointed if it was the latter, we have few players like Barnes, and I think we will miss him so trying to get rid of him is a mistake in my mind, but, if someone is chasing him, and have met our asking price, I'm ok with it.

I'm ok with it IF we are actually bringing in someone better.

Watching Barnes play the lone striker role against Blackpool he looks like our next best option up front at the moment in a 4-3-3.

Jul 5, 2003
Bristol
He currently plays in the 10 team Austrian Bundesliga.

I'd say the Championship is a step up.

A Barca supporting chum and I were talking about him just last night. Seems an obvious name to crop up on Football Rumours. The above tweet suggests it's not wholly absurd.
And, woof...
Jonathan_Soriano36.JPG

supaseagull

Feb 19, 2004
The United Kingdom of Mile Oak
IF Barnes is played as a striker he is awesome IMO problem is he kept being played out of position to compensate GP's formation

Indeed...Awesome - As he proved against Blackpool.

Too many knock Barnes and criticise him...He is, pound for pound, a better all round striker than Hoskins and Mackail-Smith WHEN HE IS PLAYED AS A STRIKER not as a left winger.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here