Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes - Goal of The Season ???

Bold Seagull

strong and stable with me, or...
Mar 18, 2010
Hove
He's a classic centre forward Ashley, exciting and frustrating in equal measure. His work rate and finish impeccable, you couldn't ask for more. Some of his link up play and holding up questionable., and at times a little careless.

Overall he worked tirelessly for the team and conjured an equaliser from nothing. He'll always have his detractors most likely, but he delivered today and well done to him.

Sloe Joe

Oct 7, 2010
Young Ash is a definite on every team sheet, whether it be GP or OG. There must be something about him.
Personally, I was an AB fan from his first ever appearance on loan. He ain't perfect, but yo can no leave da man out.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
As the commentator said...if Ronaldo had scored that everybody would be waxing lyrical about it...seriously,well done Ash...not just for a great goal but it's nice to see that you have controlled your temper and your diving...nobody works harder....keep it up...

Mellotron

I've asked for soup
Jul 2, 2008
Brighton
Natural born finisher.

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
JFC actually meant his so he gets my vote :moo:

We were at the game sitting opposite the away fans directly behind Ashley and watched the flight of the ball in to the top corner from behind. He knew exactly where it was going and what he was doing throughout, so Mr Barnes is #1!

Spicy

We're going up.
Dec 18, 2003
London
He's a classic centre forward Ashley, exciting and frustrating in equal measure. His work rate and finish impeccable, you couldn't ask for more. Some of his link up play and holding up questionable., and at times a little careless.

Overall he worked tirelessly for the team and conjured an equaliser from nothing. He'll always have his detractors most likely, but he delivered today and well done to him.

I agree with all that and hope the doubters will shut up now.

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
I dont think so as I see those shots as hit and hope and can finish up anywhere. Granted when they go in they look good but I prefer to sere a goal scored by a good move

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
I dont think so as I see those shots as hit and hope and can finish up anywhere. Granted when they go in they look good but I prefer to sere a goal scored by a good move

Isn't there hope with every hit? Whether a thirty yard blast ("here's hoping..."), a run of the mill shot ("I hope this is on target and the keeper doesn't stop it!") or a two yard tap in ("I hope I don't end up on one of those Christmas DVDs").

BensGrandad

Jul 13, 2003
Haywards Heath
Isn't there hope with every hit? Whether a thirty yard blast ("here's hoping..."), a run of the mill shot ("I hope this is on target and the keeper doesn't stop it!") or a two yard tap in ("I hope I don't end up on one of those Christmas DVDs").

Yes there is but with a well worked goal put in from a few yards out there is also expectation but with a long shot not so much so, so the emphasis is on hope..

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Yes there is but with a well worked goal put in from a few yards out there is also expectation but with a long shot not so much so, so the emphasis is on hope..

And a shot from 12 yards out when you've worked a bit of space, and turn towards the goal and kick the ball toward the unguarded side of a goal is more hope and could finish anywhere?

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003
JFC

DavidinSouthampton

NSC Patron
Jan 3, 2012
And a shot from 12 yards out when you've worked a bit of space, and turn towards the goal and kick the ball toward the unguarded side of a goal is more hope and could finish anywhere?

Totally disagree. I think Mr Barnes deserves the credit. I have never played football to a particularly high level, but even so, whenever one kicked or headed the ball, you knew what you were trying to do with it, even if the idea and the execution were two entirely different things. Just maybe here the idea and the execution came together.

El Presidente

The ONLY Gay in Brighton
Helpful Moderator
Jul 5, 2003
Pattknull med Haksprut
Totally disagree. I think Mr Barnes deserves the credit. I have never played football to a particularly high level, but even so, whenever one kicked or headed the ball, you knew what you were trying to do with it, even if the idea and the execution were two entirely different things. Just maybe here the idea and the execution came together.

Whoosh!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here