3. Buckley v Bolton home
4. Spanish Dave v Donny away
5. Crofts v Watford home

Last edited by a moderator:

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Barnes goal today for me. JFCs was a great strike, but Barnes had to do so much more just to get in a position to get his shot away.

CMS's goal against Burnley is still the best I've seen from a Brighton player. I think it only came second as goal of the season because only about 600 of us saw it live and it wasn't against Palace!

Bicycle kicks always look spectacular but he had the time & space to do it. Spanish Dave's free kick was so accurate and sublime, not just because it was against Palace but also the timing of it virtually put the nail in the coffin of the game.

Diego Napier

Mar 27, 2010

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
1. Barnes v Bouremouth away
2. JFC v Donny away
3.Buckley v Bolton home
That's 3 incredibly high quality goals.

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
Plus...

4. Spanish Dave v Donny away
5. Crofts v Watford home
Oh how quickly we forget!!

1 2 and 3 pretty much in any order will do me fine.
(Will's skills shouldn't be overlooked)

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I am surprised most idiots...sorry posters... are not on here claiming he was trying to cross or pass the ball and it accidentally went in, like they did with one of his assists earlier in the season.

you mean it wasn't? :lolol:
every chance that fans' abuse will lose us a quality player

severnside gull

May 16, 2007
By the seaside in West Somerset
I am surprised most idiots...sorry posters... are not on here claiming he was trying to cross or pass the ball and it accidentally went in, like they did with one of his assists earlier in the season.

you mean it wasn't? :lolol:
every chance that fans' abuse will lose us a quality player

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
JFC's was pretty good

It was good but he had space to line it up & belt it. Barnes had to control the ball, step forward whilst keeping the ball up on his thigh, turn & kick it with his left foot, whilst surrounded by Bournemouth players.

DumLum

Oct 24, 2009
West, West, West Sussex.
I don't rate Barnes. Fingers crossed his goal today will boost the money we get for him in January.

That said, I believe his brilliant goal today was Goal of the Season so far. Even I can't say 'I think he meant to cross it' with a straight face. Although spectacular, wasn't JFC's goal wind assisted?

symyjym

Banned
Nov 2, 2009
Brighton / Hove actually
It was good but he had space to line it up & belt it. Barnes had to control the ball, step forward whilst keeping the ball up on his thigh, turn & kick it with his left foot, whilst surrounded by Bournemouth players.

I wouldn't disagree, he had a lot to do and the ball was going away from him, sort of Cantona'ish.

I just mentioned the JFC's goal because Wookie sounded like we hadn't scored any great goals this season for Barnes's one to be compared with.

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
Yes it is, so far, JFC's v Donny was a great strike BUT the defenders handed that chance on a plate today it was a goal out of nothing

D

Deleted member 2719

I have seen the great Ashley Barnes swivel on one leg and cut the ball back several times lately and he is very good at it, I hope he keeps doing this especially in the box as it is so hard to defend, it should also win a few pens with any luck.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here