Ashley Barnes - Enough is enough......

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Jack Daniels

Aug 25, 2011
Buggers Hole
Really?

He has played 11 games this season, scored 3 times from 19 shots and also has 2 assists

Zaha who is currently valued at £43 trillion and is apparently responsible for anything good that happens to Palace has played 11 games, scored 4 times from 19 shots and has one assist

Last season Barnes scored one in every 5 shots, this season it's about one in every 6 (so far)
Last season CMS scored one in every 6 shots.

I don't think he's doing that bad.

And what do good strikers in this league manage?

Out of shear and utter laziness of not looking it up myself.

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
And what do good strikers in this league manage?

Out of shear and utter laziness of not looking it up myself.

Jason Roberts and Kevin Philips scored about 1 in 4 last season. I should add that Philips had over 70 shots and Roberts had just 28!

Also they play as out and out strikers not left midfield. I would guess that the majority of shots they take are from favourable positions.

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Clearly I wasn't at Leicester, no, and it's hardly a slagging match. No-one is questioning whether you're Albion through and through or not, you have Stuart Storer in your avatar picture afterall, a lot of our support wouldn't know who that was. Our players do indeed fall over a lot at the Amex, I've never understood the watering of the pitch before kick off, irrespective of whether it needs it or not. Can't comment on Leicester, I wasn't there. That's all I was saying, nothing more or less. We have no problem here.
Well no problem then Ninja...but I cannot understand the watering of the pitch....yes! it is the same for both sides...what I query why is it OUR players that keep slipping over at the vital pass/cross/shot??....Is it the studs/blades whatever they wear these days....
I never saw players like Barry Rees,Bobby Smith,Alex Dawson,Mark Lawrenson and many others...apart from Bill Cassidy...the comic genius who was a great player slip over. It must be something they wear...but surely the opposition wear similar boots...

Bring back Bryan wade!!

I wanna caravan for me ma
Jun 28, 2010
Hassocks
Had this from a couple of blokes the whole of last season. It's funny laughing in their faces when he scores.

That's a rare occurrence then.....

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Titus you are truly a f***ing idiot if you think that that deflection off of a defensive mistake somehow proves that barnes is a good player, but then I think we all knew you were a f***ing idiot anyway.

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
Titus you are truly a f***ing idiot if you think that that deflection off of a defensive mistake somehow proves that barnes is a good player, but then I think we all knew you were a f***ing idiot anyway.

While I agree this isn't exactly a bragging rights win, I think you're doing a disservice to the tenacity of Crofts and his part in the goal to write it off as a defensive mistake. Crofts gets in and pokes it away from the blackpool players.

element

Fear [is] the key.....
Jan 28, 2009
Local
I'd go with a good player that looks shit, over a shit player that looks good every time. It's just a case of being able to tell the difference :smile:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports