Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Ashley Barnes...again

One Teddy Maybank

NSC Patron
Aug 4, 2006
Worthing
1 goal, 1 assist, loads of defensive headers. The cross for Ulloa's goal was SUBLIME-if the two of them have managed to strike up an understanding like that already then good things are going to come in future.

Bridders undoubtably our star man, but Ash's my favourite. Well played Barnesy! :bowdown:

Me too....

LamieRobertson

Not awoke
Feb 3, 2008
SHOREHAM BY SEA
ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359228326.492398.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1359228350.596779.jpg

The 'offside' goal and then a cracking header into the south goal

Skaville

Jun 10, 2004
Queens Park
He hit it first time without glancing at goal, if the keeper had guessed incorrectly as to which way it was going, it would have been a super goal. Fine margins and all that.

It was also a great save, the best in the match from a top premiership keeper. He didn't connect cleanly but was still unlucky not to score (plus his movement created the chance)

JCL666

absurdism
Sep 23, 2011
He hit it first time without glancing at goal, if the keeper had guessed incorrectly as to which way it was going, it would have been a super goal. Fine margins and all that.

Definitely this.

Seagull1989

Oct 31, 2011
He was great today got into positions and assisted a great goal. Which if CMS was playing everyone would have said was a shit cross because CMS wouldn't have made that run.

Couldn't believe someone saying they can't wait to see Ulloa and CMS together. It's got to be Barnex and Ulloa all day.

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
Couldn't believe someone saying they can't wait to see Ulloa and CMS together. It's got to be Barnes and Ulloa all day.

Barring injury or transfer, I think Craig's going to have to get used to the bench for a while.
Anyone know if Ash has a contract past this summer?

Acker79

NSC Patron
Nov 15, 2008
Brighton
If Bruno or Lopez put in that cross for the goal, people would be drooling over it.

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
I feel the great partnership of Barnes and Murray that we had is about to step up a notch with Barnes and Ulloa. Bold statement I know after only one game watched on a stream. I hope that Barnes can revert to his best position again now, as a more complete player after all the donkey work he has been doing well for season and a half being played out of position.

He "gets" the way Poyet wants to play, that is really important IMO.

Lovecake

Jul 23, 2011
Yeah top work from him today. Talent is there just needs a bit more consistency in my opinion. Great goal as well, could see how happy he was with it, good to see

TSB

Captain Hindsight
Jul 7, 2003
Lansdowne Place, Hove
If Bruno or Lopez put in that cross for the goal, people would be drooling over it.

Good call. People on the match thread were crediting Spanish Dave for it, mainly as just a knee-jerk reaction I think :lolol:

Ninja Elephant

Doctor Elephant
Feb 16, 2009
People are quick to criticise him, but he played an absolute blinder today.

The bloke in front of me hates Barnes so much he refused to celebrate the goal. Seriously. And then he wanted to fight my stepdad who had told him he was being a prat! It was pathetic, everyone else was celebrating a goal and he's looking for a fight! What a total mug.
[MENTION=83]Dick Knights Mumm[/MENTION], did you catch any of it?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here