Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] As far as goal celebrations go…

BRIGHT ON Q

Jul 5, 2003
Garry Nelson @ Brentford....mental scenes, pitch invasion included!!
Wow, never forget it, we had 2 sides of the ground although they weren't full.
3rd tier but fantastic memories of that season.

The Fifth Column

Retired ex-cop
Nov 30, 2010
Escaped from Corruption
It's impossible for me to pick best limbs from almost 50yrs of watching the Albion as there are so many. I believe the best limbs is the most recent one you went absolutely batshit mental and should really include a number of the following to qualify:

A. Hugging and kissing a complete stranger
B. Ending up nowhere within a good 10 yards of your seat
C. Falling over and getting the shit inadvertently kicked out of yourself by the flailing arms and legs of your fellow mentalists.
D. Discovering bruises all over your body the next day (see C above)
E. Throwing a £7 pint In the air you spent the previous 15 minutes bitching about how much it cost.
F. Having your glasses knocked off your face and bent, cracked or totally destroyed
G. Crying.

Nobby Cybergoat

Jul 19, 2021
It's impossible for me to pick best limbs from almost 50yrs of watching the Albion as there are so many. I believe the best limbs is the most recent one you went absolutely batshit mental and should really include a number of the following to qualify:

A. Hugging and kissing a complete stranger
B. Ending up nowhere within a good 10 yards of your seat
C. Falling over and getting the shit inadvertently kicked out of yourself by the flailing arms and legs of your fellow mentalists.
D. Discovering bruises all over your body the next day (see C above)
E. Throwing a £7 pint In the air you spent the previous 15 minutes bitching about how much it cost.
F. Having your glasses knocked off your face and bent, cracked or totally destroyed
G. Crying.
Ha. Yeh i had to take two days off work with an arm injury after mcshane at Palace, so i know what you mean!

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Lots mentioned already that I‘m very glad to have witnessed. Byrne at Anfield, Connor the following year, Buckley’s Donny winner.

Fati and Adingra’s goals at the Cruyff Arena will live long in the memory, too.

Thursday night’s one was very special - but personally I think the Alexis Mac penalty against United edges it. Because it came SO late, you were not just celebrating a goal - you knew you were celebrating a goal, and a win, and probable European qualification, and revenge over United for the very recent pain of the Wembley defeat. That strike meant a lot.

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
Some quite random ones, in less obviously huge games, stand out for me, too.

Calvin Andrew‘s winner at Bristol Rovers in the Slade great escape. That little terrace went disco mental.

Karleigh Osborne’s OG winner at Griffin Park, in the magic March under Gus.

Jake Robinson’s very late equaliser to take us to a penalty win, in a JPT game at Millwall. About 500 Albion there that night, and for some reason, it was superb.

Machiavelli

Oct 11, 2013
Fiveways
Definitely my favourite away match celebration. There were limbs everywhere. My sunglasses got knocked off my head and destroyed on the floor (thankfully they were cheap ones). I remember the gleeful look on Dunk's face when he knew he was about to score.
It was very good that one, but there might be two better away celebrations from that season: Murray at Birmingham; and Pocognoli at QPR. And then there was always the Knockaert double when down to ten men at home against Sheff Wed.
None of those was better than Thu night though.

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
Very personal but our third goal scored by Crofts away to Southampton in Gus’s first game in 2009 - lost my shit.

And Virgo’s against Swindon in the play off semi. Knight’s penalty in the final was pretty mental too.

Yeh there was something special about that crofts goal. Felt like the start of a new era - which it very much was!

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Thursday night eclipsed Ulloa v Forest for me. I have a scar on my knee from celebrating that one at the City Ground, but thankfully no lasting damage from JP's one. The bloke in the seat next to us (who I hadn't seen before) left about 90 seconds before the goal went in.
I had a frozen shoulder at the time and unfortunately forgot.

Mackenzie

Old Brightonian
Nov 7, 2003
East Wales
Groß’s goal against Chelsea in the 4-1 win was a good one….not just a great win, but a great fu*k you to Potter as well.

It was the day before my birthday so I’d treated myself to some seats behind the bench, Potter got it all afternoon. :lolol:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here