Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] As far as goal celebrations go…

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
Surprised no one has mentioned Sir Glenn's last gasp winner at St.Andrews in our promotion season, before he ran the entire length of the pitch hotly persued by virtually the entire team, to celebrate in front of us jubilant fans.

Indeed it was from that moment that l finally acknowledged that yes, this could be the season we reach the Premier League!

Great shout.

Feb 23, 2009
Brighton factually.....
One of the best I was at was the 4-4 vs Orient during the legendary 97 season… a last min ish pen but by God the Goldstone erupted, and wee Paul McDonald earned his place our history.
The desperation and anguish was palatable, because we had started to believe we could get out of the quagmier surrounding us at the time.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
Garry Nelson @ Brentford....mental scenes, pitch invasion included!!

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
This.

Last night was the best at Amex under floodlights.
Most definitely, on the drive down I was thinking it’s still hard to comprehend we are playing Marseille in the Europa league and the bookies have us as the favourites.
Brighton & HA in the last 16 of a European competition is the stuff of dreams.
Anything is possible under RDZ he doesn’t have a limit there is no ceiling with him.

Herne Hill Seagull

Jul 10, 2003
Galicia
Last night was right up there. I'd add to this distinguished list the disbelieving bedlam after Nelson ran from about Chiswick, beat 43 players and buried it at Brentford, the equaliser at Millwall in the play-offs after they'd scored early and were piling on the pressure at The Den, and the winner against Sheffield Weds in the game where Murray was sent off and Knocky won it right at the end. That was the night I finally believed we might actually make the Premier League - oh and Pocognoli at QPR on my birthday. Damn...

Goldstone1976

We Got Calde in!!
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Apr 30, 2013
Herts
Along with most of the ones already mentioned, i’ll add…

Le petit shitehouse maestro at Palace (Glenn cupping his face in disbelief) and Hemed standing on the pitch surround screen at Fulham, arms outstretched.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
’you’re not there yet Swindon fans, in it goes….Virgo’ will remember celebrating that goal forever
Yes, that was one of my favourite memories too. We looked done for and I believe the late ex-Swindon manager Andy King had a cigar in hand waiting for the final whistle. Adam Virgo had other ideas.

Enjoyed the resulting trip to Cardiff, via a weekend in Bristol. It was a stinker of a play-off final. Many have been over the years.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Last night was right up there. I'd add to this distinguished list the disbelieving bedlam after Nelson ran from about Chiswick, beat 43 players and buried it at Brentford, the equaliser at Millwall in the play-offs after they'd scored early and were piling on the pressure at The Den, and the winner against Sheffield Weds in the game where Murray was sent off and Knocky won it right at the end. That was the night I finally believed we might actually make the Premier League - oh and Pocognoli at QPR on my birthday. Damn...
The Stockdale double save from the Sheffield Wednesday penalty was something else. David's reactions for the rebound were of a player at his very peak.

SeagullinExile

Sep 10, 2010
London
As far as non Albion goals go, for me it was Platt’s last minute winner against Belgium @ Italia 90 in Bologna. We were at the top of the rather steep terrace/seating, but after the surge we ended up at the bottom! How no one got badly injured is beyond me. It was pretty epic though!

Zeberdi

Brighton born & bred
NSC Patron
Oct 20, 2022
All the above mentioned - and apart from this:

Reinelt v Hereford - Absolutely fabulous

But for me, some of the best celebrated goals are also memorable occassions for the player when he scores his first for the Club:

I know Cucu is a dirty word round here but I found him celebrating his first goal for us very moving

And Enciso against City - the dance of the 3 amigos

ROSM

Dec 26, 2005
Just far enough away from LDC
Wilkins against Ipswich - I was at the front of the North stand, in front of the open gate to the left of the goal as we looked at the pitch. The ball hit the net and the next thing I know I was on the halfway line. As I was waiting to get nicked I realised I was there because I was surrounded by the nearest 200 people to where I was standing.

I also missed Hereford, to my eternal regret. I couldn’t handle it at all. Storer was another level though, stayed off the pitch but I can still feel the head rush.

Last night was the best one at the Amex for me.

There have been some random contenders through the years. Pocagnoli at QPR. The winner against City in Covid where we couldn’t embrace, there were only 8000 there, yet the stadium went loopy. Ali Mac’s pen against Manure.
Last paragraph names all 3 I was going to mention. Last night might be above the ali mac pen. Man city was the 1st game for nearly 15 months as didn't get picked for any of those between the 2 covid games

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Where does that one rank?

I wasn’t at Hereford, which I’m guessing was probably the best, so for me Storer 68 is the best one I can remember. But last night’s was very good.

Ali Mac’s last minute penalty against Man Utd was great, but penalties are different, it’s more relief than spontaneous delirium.

Wilkins v Ipswich was my go to one as a kid. As a young ish adult it was Virgo v Swindon. Buckley v Doncaster is probably the best one I can remember at the Amex.

Last night has to be top 5 in my 34 year Brighton career.
You're welcome. Our group of four in the WSL has realised that one of us has to go to the toilet if we are to score a goal. This time, I decided to take one for the team and go out in the 85th minute as it was getting late for us to get the winner. The goal was duly scored while I was away from my seat. The first I've missed all season at home. Oh well, it was worth the sacrifice.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham

Last edited:

Beanstalk

Apr 5, 2017
London
Ome will never forget Ulloa's goal at Nottingham Forest
I was so hungover that day, and celebrated so wildly that I completely dehydrated myself in the process and had to go and lie down on some seats at the back for a second as I thought I was going to pass out.

Last night was the best home celebration I’ve witnessed. Just an implosion of joy from EVERYONE connected to the club.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here