Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] As far as goal celebrations go…

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
2001 away at Plymouth. I wasn't there and i don't remember who scored (Bobby probably). But i do remember going bat shit in my living room whilst listening to the commentary, and i do remember punching the lampshade and cutting my hand, and I remember clear as day the feeling of being out of the bottom division - we were back!

rebel51

Jan 4, 2021
West sussex
Peterborough in that cup game about 86. Stevie Jacobs if I remember through the sludge and snow. Then the rampage through the department store afterwards just to round it off. Happy days fellow gents

big nuts

Jan 15, 2011
Hove
Hemed’s 97th minute headed equaliser to share the spoils away at Brentford in a 3-3 classic was great.

Storer, Reinelt, Buckley, Ulloa & Virgo the standout ones in my time.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Dave Turner‘s equaliser against Chelsea FA cup 4th round 67
Adam Virgo equaliser against Swindon playoffs 2004
Paul McShane winner against Palace 2005
Murray equaliser against Man City 2008 League Cup
Buckley’s goals against Doncaster 2011
Murray winner against Birmingham 2017
Pocognoli winner against QPR 2017

Last edited:

Triggaaar

Oct 24, 2005
Goldstone
I don't know where it ranks, but it was pretty special, largely because it was so close to the end and we were starting to wonder if it would ever come.

Bolton away in the cup early 90s

I was there and don't even remember it. My main memory of that game was the line along the floor showing us where to stand if we wanted to see the pitch.

pasty

A different kind of pasty
Jul 5, 2003
West, West, West Sussex
’you’re not there yet Swindon fans, in it goes….Virgo’ will remember celebrating that goal forever
My overriding memory of that goal is the hoards of Mr Earl E Leavers running back into the ground 😂

BBJ

Aug 9, 2023
Leon Knights penalty to win The 2004 Football Second Division play-off final v Bristol City at Cardiff.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
Thursday night eclipsed Ulloa v Forest for me. I have a scar on my knee from celebrating that one at the City Ground, but thankfully no lasting damage from JP's one. The bloke in the seat next to us (who I hadn't seen before) left about 90 seconds before the goal went in.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here