Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Questions

Habitual User
Oct 18, 2006
Worthing
Pedro is going to have to do a lot of work because Fergie is out of sorts and Danny CANNOT be rushed back.

zefarelly

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Sussex, by the sea
Just got home

thoroughly enjoyable rail transportation as usual 🙄

Arsenal are much improved over last season. Rice is by far their best player. Less than impressed with the emirates . . . Like a computer game ground. Piss poor view from 20-7

Not so dissapointed we lost, and as much as I'd liked to have seen us have a go, their second goal confirmed they are very good on the break if you push up.

Marseilles and Palace are bigger games anyway.

Last edited:

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
I just woke up, oh dear.
Reading the match commentary didn't inspire me much.
Why were the old codgers starting ?
I thought the idea was to start bright, get a couple of goals and then get the older guys in mid second half to defend them.
Silly me, won't be watching later, not going by what I have just read.
Euro hangover ?

Last edited:

Bod

Dec 8, 2015
I just woke up, oh dear.
Reading the match commentary didn't inspire me much.
Why were the old codgers starting ?
I thought the idea was to start bright, get a couple of goals and then get the older guys in mid second half to defend them.
Silly me, won't be watching later, not going bt what I have just read.
Euro hangover ?
No. Just a complete misunderstanding of RDZs tactics for this game.

PILTDOWN MAN

NSC Patron
Sep 15, 2004
Hurst Green
Without going back through all the comments, so I don’t know if this has been mentioned before, but I’ve never seen a shin guard as small as Jack Hinshelwood’s. When he lost it and the ref held it up, I thought he was showing someone a white card. The commentator said it was the world’s smallest shin guard.
Haha, I said to the chap stood next to me my bank card is bigger.

BNthree

Plastic JCL
Sep 14, 2016
WeHo
Without going back through all the comments, so I don’t know if this has been mentioned before, but I’ve never seen a shin guard as small as Jack Hinshelwood’s. When he lost it and the ref held it up, I thought he was showing someone a white card. The commentator said it was the world’s smallest shin guard.

They’re all the rage with the young’uns playing grassroots football. No idea why as they’re useless.

jackalbion

Aug 30, 2011
A full strength arsenal are very good, disappointing at times today, but it is, what it is. Clearly a European hangover. We are limping along with injuries at the moment. We’re still a good side. I do wish some people would not just instantly go everyone is shit after one below average performance. I also hate the line “I paid my money and travelled to be here, and the players couldn’t be arsed” etc. A load of bollocks that, it’s number 1, the best team in the league, and number two it’s not even that far, imagine if you paid to watch us away at Oldham under Adam Mk 2 or something. We aren’t gonna win every game.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Having slept on it, I think the Veltman injury was a real turning point in the game. The spell for 10 minutes or so before his injury was probably our best of the game, with spells keeping the ball in their half and probing, it felt like we were starting to grow into it. If you remember, we were playing almost a back three, Dunk was very wide left and Milner was staying high, Gross dropping in the libero role. After Hinshelwood came on we reverted to a back four, and couldn't maintain any possession in their half for pretty much the entire match, until the final throes of the game. RDZ's tactics for the game were pretty much shot at that moment.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here