Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

The Antikythera Mechanism

The oldest known computer
NSC Patron
Aug 7, 2003
Without going back through all the comments, so I don’t know if this has been mentioned before, but I’ve never seen a shin guard as small as Jack Hinshelwood’s. When he lost it and the ref held it up, I thought he was showing someone a white card. The commentator said it was the world’s smallest shin guard.

Justice

Dangerous Idiot
Jun 21, 2012
Born In Shoreham
Despite their dominance kept in the game and on another week could have snatched a point. This team are producing wonders with the squad available so these games are going to happen until we strengthen the squad or more players return.
I would say Milner/Saka was just a daft match and put us under way to much pressure first half.

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Very much THIS.

And when we try and balance it out by bringing in a bit of experience and they are all 'past it'.

How the f*** do you think we are competing at this end of the league and in the Europa knock out stages with a budget more akin to keeping out of the relegation places.

Kids, old men and BIG BALLS :facepalm:
I should think Dunk's are even bigger tonight, they will be swelling after blocking that shot with his gonads.

nsclurker

Apr 3, 2018
I thought it was a mouth guard, until he stuffed it in his socks...

Without going back through all the comments, so I don’t know if this has been mentioned before, but I’ve never seen a shin guard as small as Jack Hinshelwood’s. When he lost it and the ref held it up, I thought he was showing someone a white card. The commentator said it was the world’s smallest shin guard.

Swegulls

Aug 29, 2023
Stockholm
Perfect when eating taco!

Bit of a painful watch today. We adopted the Marseilles tactics of defensive passivity and how we were level at halftime god knows, Saka left his shooting boots at home. RDZ then left the subs too late to take advantage of this good fortune, should have been big changes at halftime. More of the same second half and inevitable defeat. If Gross has tucked that away of course it would have simultaneously been our greatest ever point and the worst daylight robbery you’d ever see.

A day to forget in between two arguably more important games for us. My only worry is Fergie’s form - his ball retention is catastrophic at the moment and until Pedro came on it was like playing with a severe disadvantage. Thankfully Danny looked decent when he came on

I thought we were about to sneak a jammy draw as Gross missed (thought it was in initially). We don’t often get one of those
Arguably Everton

Fergus the Schnoodle

Aug 12, 2023
Bizarre comment, I praised him on Thursday night but that thread went laughable very quickly. If we can praise them, it is also ok to criticise our players when it’s deserved. And our midfield was completely over run today.

And my personal opinion, which I’m perfectly entitled to hold is that Gilmour is over rated on here.
You are completely entitled to your opinion, however I would comment that, the way RDZ plays makes a pivot 6 indispensable. Gilmour has come on leaps and bounds in a relatively short period of time. Note that we are at our worst when he is not on the pitch - he sets the tempo, retains possession and still only 22. The game these days is a system game, and BG fits very well into ours. I would prefer a 3 man midfield of gross, Baleba and Gilmour but beggars can’t be choosers right now. He may be slightly overrated here but his potential is enormous and RDZ clearly loves him…..which tells its own story. If you want to talk about overrated, ask Chelsea fans about Moses - he just doesn’t fit their system at the moment.

tedebear

Legal Alien
Jul 7, 2003
In my computer
They were better and had our tactics all squared away. We spent more time when we had the ball in their half, which is exactly what they wanted. We couldn't find a way through or around.. Ferguson got pushed off nearly every ball and our passing mid field has gone to pot.. Mitoma seems to have lost confidence and goes to penetrate then turns back.. Dunk was massive and hope he's not in too much pain in the privates.. Mitoma getting a card for time wasting was just an idiotic decision by the ref given subsequent identical incidents that were allowed.. Southern rail seem to be suprised the trains home from Victoria are busy this evening.. Dumb bums..

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
They were better and had our tactics all squared away. We spent more time when we had the ball in their half, which is exactly what they wanted. We couldn't find a way through or around.. Ferguson got pushed off nearly every ball and our passing mid field has gone to pot.. Mitoma seems to have lost confidence and goes to penetrate then turns back.. Dunk was massive and hope he's not in too much pain in the privates.. Mitoma getting a card for time wasting was just an idiotic decision by the ref given subsequent identical incidents that were allowed.. Southern rail seem to be suprised the trains home from Victoria are busy this evening.. Dumb bums..
Mitoma had two players immediately on him whenever he got the ball.......badly missing support from Pervis imo

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here