Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Is it a national TV station or an Arsenal subscriber thing?

The coverage is like we had on Amazon against Chelski. Very very Arsenal biased.

National. Nothing to do with Arsenal. Pretty good, too. They show all the Premier League matches live, and all can be watched on repeat.

Seems like the usual - big team bias.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath
I wasn't going out for a few beers tonight. I am now. :cheers::cheers::)

Bodian

May 3, 2012
Cumbria
Lots of talk about the famous Arsenal 'refereeing conspiracy' on their subreddit, one of them is even going to complain to the FA over their disallowed goal :moo:

Nobody does meltdowns quite like the Gooners.

Thought he had a pretty decent game. Booked Saka for diving, which was nice.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
What a result- we deserved something. Would have been a sickner I’d they had got an equaliser. Needed a bit of luck but deserved it. Mwepu MOTM- outstanding

Icy Gull

Back on the rollercoaster
Jul 5, 2003
Any of you doubters or naysayers expecting an olive branch can feck right off :wink:

willalbion

May 8, 2006
London
For those who may not have been completely convinced by GP's selection (and I may not have been completely convinced myself :blush:)

It turns out it was Genius :bowdown:

I'm now wondering whether we need MORE midfielders next match :wink:

We definitely do.

Dick Head

⭐⭐⭐⭐⭐
Jan 3, 2010
Quaxxann
attachment.php

Firefox_Screenshot_2022-04-09T16-10-54.119Z.png

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Did.Not.C.That.Coming.

Arsenal could scored 3 in final minutes, Dunk and Sánchez heroes. Weird feeling this evening, I’ve forgotten how to celebrate and I’m not convinced the result is beyond VAR overturning or something yet. Did we just win a game of football and score 2 goals? Anyone else having same dream etc?

hart's shirt

Jul 8, 2003
Kitbag in Dubai
Mwepu post-match...

"I'm glad we won today; we needed the three points, coming from six defeats is not easy. We really believe in ourselves, we have the right mentality in the group and we showed what we could do today."

"The gameplan was to win. The mentality and the confidence the coach has shown in us [is huge]. We believe in ourselves. We just want to play and win for the fans. The win gives us confidence and more hope for the next games. We have Tottenham next and we will believe we can win."

Robinjakarta

Jul 14, 2014
Jakarta
Lot to be pleased with there.

A goal. Then another one. Two actual real life goals. A win. Sanchez back to his best, flying saves and dominant cross taking. Cucurella, what a player. Mwepu, an assist, a goal and hopefully no injury. Caicedo, very good. The team giving an incredibly committed, focused and aggressive performance. Potter, excellent, pragmatic game plan.

Yep. Plus Dunk and Trossard back to playing as we know they can.

portlock seagull

Why? Why us?
Jul 28, 2003
Lots of talk about the famous Arsenal 'refereeing conspiracy' on their subreddit, one of them is even going to complain to the FA over their disallowed goal :moo:

Nobody does meltdowns quite like the Gooners.

:lolol:

Dibdab

Sep 28, 2021
Wow. Brilliant game by us until the last 5 minutes plus injury time. We deteriorated into a kids side kicking it anywhere.

Still turned out nice again ! :albion2:

That was largely induced by Potter putting Webster on for Trossard, pushing Lamptey over to the left, and completely unsettling the team. No complaints though up till then we were excellent.

Swansman

Pro-peace
May 13, 2019
Sweden
Mwepu post-match...

"I'm glad we won today; we needed the three points, coming from six defeats is not easy. We really believe in ourselves, we have the right mentality in the group and we showed what we could do today."

"The gameplan was to win. The mentality and the confidence the coach has shown in us [is huge]. We believe in ourselves. We just want to play and win for the fans. The win gives us confidence and more hope for the next games. We have Tottenham next and we will believe we can win."

Yes yes but what does Stat Brother think? Thats what really matters

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here