Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal vs Brighton & Hove Albion *** Official Match Thread ***

Si Gull

Way Down South
Mar 18, 2008
On top of the world
And, Mwepu's control receiving that pass :clap2:

And the fact that his control allowed him to continue the momentum instead of checking back and giving the defence time to get organised. Hopefully, if he stays fit, we'll see this more often and more goals will come. Superb finish by Trossard, too.

Normandy seagull

Jul 16, 2003
Orne 61 France
Watching the replay and the last 10 minutes there are a couple of lessons we need to learn from. Wellbeck needs to close down players better. Lallana needs at least 20 minutes to get up to speed as a sub. He reminded me of Charlie Oatway chasing shadows at the end of his career. Gross needs subbing towards the end of games- he was gassed. Like running in treacle. Lamptey is lost on the left but I guess GP wanted an outlet to run it in the corner if we got possession. All minor game management stuff

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
You just can't help yourself sometimes, can you?

No idea what you're getting at, tho I guess it's some kind of feeble dig :shrug:

For the record, was celebrating our maximum use of meaningful possession. Maybe, just maybe, Gormless Benny learnt a lesson yesterday. Tho maybe not. Helluva slow learner that guy. Nevermind. More of the same v Tottenham please :thumbsup:

Last edited:

Stat Brother

NSC Patron
Jul 11, 2003
West west west Sussex
It’s been there at times, but if you don’t take chances it always makes you look bad. Mwepu’s goal in particular, we’ve probably had 20 easier chances than that over the last 8 games and missed each time. Trossard’s finish too, last weekend that’s troubling fans higher up in the stands.

Great intensity yesterday, and a well earned reset in form and confidence going into the final 7 games.

All season Trossard has been taking 3 or 4 touches, dropping his nearest defender to the floor.
Then hitting the ball into or, as you say, well over the defenders who were then in a covering position.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here