Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
End season now, give Liverpool the title
No relegation
Promote Leeds and WBA
Next season, 3 relegated and team in 17th goes into playoffs with 3,4 & 5th in the Championship, same again the following season to get back to 20

Alternative is to suspend the season, but problem with that is no-one has any idea when it’ll be able to start up again.

Giraffe

VERY part time moderator
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Aug 8, 2005
Suspend the season and then whenever it is the right time to re-start then start with the outstanding fixtures, then two weeks break, then start the new season. Cancel the league cup, and catch up. It might take two seasons to get back to the normal schedule but at least the integrity of the competitions will have been maintained.

Kalimantan Gull

Aug 13, 2003
Central Borneo / the Lizard
Suspend the season and then whenever it is the right time to re-start then start with the outstanding fixtures, then two weeks break, then start the new season. Cancel the league cup, and catch up. It might take two seasons to get back to the normal schedule but at least the integrity of the competitions will have been maintained.

Absolutely, delay the transfer window, extend player registrations, no league cup, no fa cup replays, no champions league group stage or two-legged games, no winter break,no nations league, its all easy enough if the will is there

And if it goes on so long then void the 20/21 season. Don't know why everybody is keen to void a season in which 30 games have been played but not one in which 0 games have been played?

Notters

Oct 20, 2003
Guiseley
Exactly - end the season; make it void - no promotion or relegation. The teams at the top of their leagues can be given the title of champions.
My Leeds season ticket holding brother-in-law would actually self combust.

Don't forget Qatar.

The Camel

Nov 1, 2010
Darlington, UK
No relegation
Promote Leeds and WBA
Next season, 3 relegated and team in 17th goes into playoffs with 3,4 & 5th in the Championship, same again the following season to get back to 20

Alternative is to suspend the season, but problem with that is no-one has any idea when it’ll be able to start up again.

Fulham and Brentford might not be very happy with your solution.

withdeanwombat

Feb 17, 2005
Somersetshire
I’ve mentioned it before......the season in the PL to be decided by Lawro’s predictions. He’s virtually infallible after all. Football league could be decided by expert pundits on each league.

pb21

Apr 23, 2010

The problem with indefinitely suspending the season is the indefinitely part.

Everything will be put on hold, with no idea of when it will restart. Clubs/players/support would all have to be ready at the drop of a hat to restart. Players would have to keep match fit for who knows how long etc.

Tooting Gull

Jul 5, 2003
Looks like the govt's, err, 'esteemed medical and scientific advice' is likely to be binned and superseded within 24 hours by sporting organisations who can see what is going on worldwide.

Terrible leadership in UK, and those two 'experts' will never fully recover from doing Johnson's bidding and seeing their reputations take such a public battering.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
The rest of the games should be played behind closed doors with crowd effect noise from loud speakers and should be televised on free to air TV after the sky broadcast.
The FA and FIFA should then compensate the clubs for a percentage of loss of earnings.

With a bit of scheduling flexibility if, for example, a team has five or more squad players out with the virus at any one time, this, for me :thumbsup:

Farehamseagull

Solly March Fan Club
Nov 22, 2007
Sarisbury Green, Southampton
No relegation
Promote Leeds and WBA

There is no obvious solution that is going to make everyone happy but yours is by far the best and most logical one I’ve seem that will make the least amount of teams unhappy.

For that reason you can guarantee the football authorities won’t choose that option.

I would also scrap the league cup for at least those next two seaons.

amexer

Aug 8, 2011
Seems a good idea to play behind closed doors until players at clubs are infected. Then all club goes into isolation. No club will want to play big games without several of first team

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
This. Good to see sporting organisations taking the initiative :clap2:

I find it ironic that when the government seeks impartial scientific advice they should speak to Patric Vallance. Ironically, Vallance, the apparent chief scientific adviser, was regarded during his academic days (he worked on blood vessels) as a rather modest scientist, albeit a consumate politician.

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Looks like the govt's, err, 'esteemed medical and scientific advice' is likely to be binned and superseded within 24 hours by sporting organisations who can see what is going on worldwide.

Terrible leadership in UK, and those two 'experts' will never fully recover from doing Johnson's bidding and seeing their reputations take such a public battering.

See my post about Vallance above. Doesn't surprise me in the slightest, but it is good to see him get some sort of come-uppance.

Stinky Kat

Tripping
Oct 27, 2004
Catsfield
The PL will suspend games for 3 weeks and then in three weeks time void the season is my guess as things look like they will get a lot worse before they get better

OzMike

Oct 2, 2006
Perth Australia
How would the crowd effect noise idea work ? Would it be just a continual background noise or would someone be inserting appropriate crowd response to eg goals ? I suppose the delay wouldn’t matter because all goals have to go to VAR anyway so the decision and the rising cheers could be released together 🙂

They do it with televised games here all the time, the bloke with the big poxy drum is prevalent at every game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports