Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal point of view

bn3gunner

Feb 12, 2007
Im 31 brighton born and ive been supporting arsenal since 88-89,my dad is london born and bred and my team was set in stone and for our good times i am eternally grateful, in my adult life ive managed 15 plus games a season twice in my life but now i really cant afford much more than two or three london aways but please dont think im plastic ,we got beat by forest the first time i went to highbury but i could talk you through every second of that dayand many others after,Arsenal are my first love and i couldnt give in to the lure of an albion season ticket as i couldnt cheat on my true love , however i look on at all thats going on at falmer and have been to a couple of games and loved it, also all the dedication shown by true albion fans is something i admire and envy, my first game at falmer was v palace and it was every bit as electric in my home town as it is at the north london derbys ive been to. The day of the drawer i said to my boss it was my dream tie and low and behold it happened , its years since i felt this excited about a game and intend to enjoy it from start to finish (im a little pissed but really excited )

Goldstone Rapper

Rediffusion PlayerofYear
Jan 19, 2009
BN3 7DE
Bn3gunner, don't you prefer the George Graham days when Arsenal were loathed and less skilful but had grit, tight-defence and an abundance of homegrown players?

bn3gunner

Feb 12, 2007
Bn3gunner, don't you prefer the George Graham days when Arsenal were loathed and less skilful but had grit, tight-defence and an abundance of homegrown players?
You knew georgie would sort em out at half time and he built half of arsenes team, but to see a team go unbeaten through a whole season is something else, i dont think people realise how good we were,feel were not even a threat to city chelsea n yahnited now

maltaseagull

Feb 25, 2009
Zabbar- Malta
After watching the destruction of West Ham last night, can we go for a postponement please? There is no way our defence will cope with that movement and interplay.

Steve Gatting

Jan 23, 2013
But lying Kroenke/Gazaridis/Wenger (out of pride, to deny the loss of interest in the trophyless years), will state that a capacity 60,300 ATTENDED. :lol:

weve had this out with the club, but they say its on amount of tickets sold, etc etc etc,

2uqm7vs.jpg

Last edited:

Seagull on the wing

Sep 22, 2010
Hailsham
Cheers how long on the train from Brighton to the stadium
If you're going back to Kent your best way is park in Lewes,there are pubs there,catch a train to Falmer then return after match. You will probably have to queue for a train back either way you go. Enjoy

yxee

Oct 24, 2011
Manchester
So, what's the odds of an entire squad rotation? I'm hoping for at least Podolski and Walcott out after last night.

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
If you grow up in Brighton, Sussex even, isn't supporting a London team something you should grow out of ? When we were young lots of people had a First Division team ("my aunty went to Manchester once") but for me football is tribal. For example, when you are at an away game and you look around you - you should feel "these are my people".

When I see "fans" at the local stations en route up to town, they never look at peace with the world. Slightly shifty. Embarrassed. You can almost hear them trot out the old tired explanations.

Monsieur Le Plonk

Lethargy in motion
Apr 22, 2009
By a lake
I suggested, to a big Arsenal fan who sits near me in the office this morning, that it was looking 'ominous' for us after the hammering they gave West Ham last night.
His response....'well you never know, look at Bradford.........':facepalm:
How I hope we win.

RupertsFlan

Nov 28, 2012
That is very true. They may be a collection of oddballs and fruitcakes - but they are our oddballs and fruitcakes.

Very true. Sometimes I am really taken aback as to what lives some of these people lead. Groups of them appearing in Blackburn city centre for example from trains from York, Manchester and other parts of the north - real ale jumpers, Ale trail jumpers, appearing and disappearing in pubs and txis in such well drilled, well organised fashion.

Some odd balls - but yes, very much our odd balls.

My favourite part of Tuesday night was walking out of the stadium having seen Spanish Dave pop the pen away and then three Rovers fans singing 'you came all this way, and you lost, and you lost'.

It was pleasant to point out in fact it was a draw.

Silence and the look on their faces.

Super stuff

Dick Knights Mumm

Take me Home Falmer Road
Jul 5, 2003
Hither and Thither
Groups of them appearing in Blackburn city centre for example from trains from York, Manchester and other parts of the north - real ale jumpers, Ale trail jumpers, appearing and disappearing in pubs and txis in such well drilled, well organised fashion.

I suspect you may have seen my good friend Gus (not that one!) - who has not missed a game for it must be a decade now. He is in the Blackburn Fan gallery as it happens - a rare occurence considering he is an ever-present. I suspect he is not considered photogenic.

Zebedee

Anyone seen Florence?
Jul 8, 2003
Hangleton
After watching the destruction of West Ham last night, can we go for a postponement please? There is no way our defence will cope with that movement and interplay.

Indeed. The thought makes me feel quite queasy. Let's hope the gunners have an off day or play their second string.

the herd

Banned
Jan 21, 2013
Im 31 brighton born and ive been supporting arsenal since 88-89,my dad is london born and bred and my team was set in stone and for our good times i am eternally grateful, in my adult life ive managed 15 plus games a season twice in my life but now i really cant afford much more than two or three london aways but please dont think im plastic ,we got beat by forest the first time i went to highbury but i could talk you through every second of that dayand many others after,Arsenal are my first love and i couldnt give in to the lure of an albion season ticket as i couldnt cheat on my true love , however i look on at all thats going on at falmer and have been to a couple of games and loved it, also all the dedication shown by true albion fans is something i admire and envy, my first game at falmer was v palace and it was every bit as electric in my home town as it is at the north london derbys ive been to. The day of the drawer i said to my boss it was my dream tie and low and behold it happened , its years since i felt this excited about a game and intend to enjoy it from start to finish (im a little pissed but really excited )

Very good post mate and nice to hear a fellow Arsenal fan with passion looking forward to the match. I have supported the gunners for nearly 40 years and have travelled all over the Worl watching them and I still love an away game in the fa cup at a place like Brighton where. I expect a tough game.

the herd

Banned
Jan 21, 2013
I certainly do, a team and a manager who had passion. I was only saying this morning to a mate would George Graham put up with some of our current players under performing and not putting in a shift. The answer would be no . Bacary Sagna would be the first player I expect he would bin, all because he want more money and says he wants to go which ihas been reflected in his play a typical example of modern day pampered footballers .

the herd

Banned
Jan 21, 2013
If only we were a consistent team mate then I would agree but as often happens with us these days we never have two games the same and I can assure you it wil be a close game.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here