Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal match free for STH on BT Sport

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Are you sure?

I've got a newish LG TV and its not in the LG store or already installed.

It is installed on Samsung TVs.

Reading online would seem to confirm this.

(Talking about BT app not Now Tv which is on LGs)

I agree, not on LG Store. Samsung either pre-installed or you can install it yourself.

doogie004

Oct 12, 2008
wisborough green
Just to clarify this offer is to get access to the app, not for access to BT Sport on Sky. Yes you can ‘mirror’ it to your TV but you need some equipment for this such as Apple TV or a firestick.

If you’re going to use the app for the first time and are using your phone just hope no-one rings you - it switches the app off!

With tv in garden bought an hdmi cable to iPhone

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tom Hark Preston Park

Will Post For Cash
Jul 6, 2003
Anybody know if a STH will still get the email/code even if they unsubscribed due to the stupid number of clickbait emails about the women's team?

Asking for a friend

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
Don't know but my email just received if that helps.

For those thinking of sharing

This is your unique registration code to enjoy Albion's home match against Arsenal on BT Sport. Please do not share this one-time access code as it is unique to your FAN number

Edit to add
Where there are several STHs in one household, there is just one email/one code.

Last edited:

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Anybody know if a STH will still get the email/code even if they unsubscribed due to the stupid number of clickbait emails about the women's team?

Asking for a friend

Hopefully they will send it as a transactional GDPR message instead of a marketing one which will override unsubscribe preferences. If you got the one about DD refunds then you should be fine.

sparkie

Jul 17, 2003
Hove
Just to clarify this offer is to get access to the app, not for access to BT Sport on Sky. Yes you can ‘mirror’ it to your TV but you need some equipment for this such as Apple TV or a firestick.

If you’re going to use the app for the first time and are using your phone just hope no-one rings you - it switches the app off!

In the club email, quick guide section :

"You can also watch online at bt.com/sport/watch"

so it appears you don't need the app.

Deano's Right Foot

Jul 5, 2003
Barcombe
Hopefully they will send it as a transactional GDPR message instead of a marketing one which will override unsubscribe preferences. If you got the one about DD refunds then you should be fine.

Hmm, I've not had this or an e mail about Direct Debit refunds or the refund itself. My email preferences all had "-" instead of Yes or No. Bizarre. I've emailed the club and changed all my preferences to Yes now.

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Hmm, I've not had this or an e mail about Direct Debit refunds or the refund itself. My email preferences all had "-" instead of Yes or No. Bizarre. I've emailed the club and changed all my preferences to Yes now.

Can only speak for the way we implement GDPR but transactional emails that cover information regarding changes to your account can supercede any unsubscribe preferences. They are required by the terms of BACS to notify you in advance of any changes to your DD - be it up, down or zero, and you cannot unsubscribe from these emails.

Saltydog

Aug 29, 2011
Ocean Wave
97E2FEF5-7E06-45AC-9EE8-D874BDB2EF42.jpeg4

Hmmmm

Dick Swiveller

Sep 9, 2011
Hah! Had the most obvious spam message ever come into my email today without a problem but my BT pass got flagged as spam. By BT! They really are cretins. Sadly needed so I can WFH as VPN doesn't work for us on quite a few other ISPs.

herecomesaregular

We're in the pipe, 5 by 5
Oct 27, 2008
Still in Brighton
Got the email.

I run Ununtu Mate on my laptop as Windows was so slow and insecure.

But the email says "Season ticket holders can watch through the BT Sport App on iOS, Android, Windows 10, Chromecast, Samsung Smart TV, Xbox One, Apple TV Sony PlayStation 4 and NOW TV boxes"

Nothing about Linux/ubuntu systems (I know NowTV player isn't comaptible).

edit - if it doesn't work I do hope there's a stream....

edit again - just realised i can just watch via their website.

Last edited:

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks

Correct but if you're going to watch it on a PC I would still recommend getting the BT Sport app from the Microsoft Store rather than just going to their website and watching it form there. I've found the picture quality on the website to be fairly poor whereas using the windows app is pretty good.

Blackadder

Brighton Bhuna Boy
Jul 6, 2003
Haywards Heath

That's my understanding. I have an LG smart TV so don't have the BT App. I have typed bt.com/sport/watch into the web browser on my TV. Hopefully that's all that will be needed (presumably I just type in the BT pass code 2 hours prior to the game?)

Terry Butcher Tribute Act

Aug 18, 2013
Got the email.

I run Ununtu Mate on my laptop as Windows was so slow and insecure.

But the email says "Season ticket holders can watch through the BT Sport App on iOS, Android, Windows 10, Chromecast, Samsung Smart TV, Xbox One, Apple TV Sony PlayStation 4 and NOW TV boxes"

Nothing about Linux/ubuntu systems (I know NowTV player isn't comaptible).

edit - if it doesn't work I do hope there's a stream....

edit again - just realised i can just watch via their website.
NowTV is compatible as of about a week ago. You can download BT Sport app onto the NowTV stick which is bloody handy

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here