Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal match by match ticket prices ,wow!!!!!!

Storer 68

Apr 19, 2011
Utterly revolting prices. If Albion went that way, I'd be priced out. What do they charge for Season Tickets?

Who can recall the splendid view from the bottom tier of the away end at Loftus Road :facepalm:...... for which you will now pay a staggering £50:nono::tosser:

This weekend Arsenal, originators of the Premier League's first £100 matchday ticket will bring in a new pricing plan, under which the cheapest seat for big matches is £62. Sixty-two pounds. Six thousand, two hundred cola bottles. They're not alone in fleecing fans. A season ticket at Chelsea, behind the goal, is £890. At QPR, an away ticket is £50, one at Liverpool last weekend was £48.

Arsenal argue that their new pricing structure is what fans want and most matches at the Emirates range from £25.50 to £35 – and no doubt there are tens of thousands with the relevant bank statement already framed on their walls – and mitigated by reduced prices for games deemed less attractive. Perhaps a slap round the face is better than a boot to the solar plexus, but still – that's a lot of money to watch a game of football.

Pogue Mahone

Apr 30, 2011
If they sell out charging those prices then there can be no complaint. I question the people paying those prices, even if its affordable given what else you can buy for that sort of money. Individual choice however. I wouldn't pay it, not because I cant, but because I would rather spend the cash on other things but if others will than fair enough. Just like I wouldn't ever buy a season ticket at the albion again, not because of the cost as prices seem OK at the Albion but just because I dont want to spend every other weekend doing the same thing. That is just my decision about what to do with with my time and my cash. I'm very very pleased however that there are 23000 odd people who do want a season ticket down at the albion however!

I don't agree. This is the gentrification of football, where many fans who have supported clubs through thick and thin for decades are discarded as market forces take over. With your user name I'd have thought you might have more empathy with those priced out.

Football is now more palatable to people who previously looked down their considerably-better-off noses at the rest of us. Now, I know that football is a business, and I know that profit maximisation is the name of the game, but it all seems pretty short term. Those who have moved in have done so because, amongst other things, it is fashionable to do so. Season Tickets at Arsenal are a status symbol as much as anything else.

When (or if) they move on to something else, and the old guard have given up on top flight football, what then?

southstandandy

WEST STAND ANDY
Jul 9, 2003
I must admit however much I want to see the Albion in the Premiership if the prices went up much more than they are now I would be priced out. £600 for my season ticket is about as much as I can afford along with the motgage, kids uniforms, utility bills and running a car. Even this year I didn't have a summer holiday to pay for other things. If things carry on as they are I will have to stick to watching future highlights on MOTD only.

West Hoathly Seagull

Honorary Ruffian
Aug 26, 2003
Sharpthorne/SW11
Maybe that explains why some of our new season ticket holders are former Arsenal or Chelsea fans. Sure, they won't give up their main allegiance, but their kids might do and remain Albion fans. That can only be a good thing for us. Also, it might benefit some of the clubs in the catchment areas of these, such as Watford, Barnet and so on. For the time being I think we are okay, but you only have to look at Southampton's price increases to see the sort of thing we would have to do. Therefore, I would echo Dave and say that I am quite content with Championship football, so long as we are challenging at the right end and not facing a relegation battle. Equally, if we stagnated and the prices didn't stay the same or come down, I think we could well lose some of our less fanatic supporters, though in our case there isn't the league competition nearby - most of our support is highly unlikely to go to Crawley instead.

TS90

Jan 26, 2011
Oh I can't wait to see the prices at the Amex if Brighton go up. London prices anyone?

rouseytastic

Sep 22, 2011
Haywards Heath
I must admit however much I want to see the Albion in the Premiership if the prices went up much more than they are now I would be priced out. £600 for my season ticket is about as much as I can afford along with the motgage, kids uniforms, utility bills and running a car. Even this year I didn't have a summer holiday to pay for other things. If things carry on as they are I will have to stick to watching future highlights on MOTD only.

Totally agree i'm in exactly the same boat. Its not just football that gets more expensive, everything does and on the same budget/wage etc as last year i am doing 1 less away this year. Thats because other 'stuff' has gome up.

If we get promoted i will struggle to afford the tickets for me and my 2 boys, especially as my eldest will be 10 next year so in season ticket land that makes him an adult!

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham

And this is why the atmosphere at a lot of top clubs like Arsenal is missing these days the real die hard working class Arsenal fan has been priced out of going so along comes upper class tourists who have no real passion for Arsenal but can afford £60 plus for a game

SussexHoop

Dec 7, 2003
Who can recall the splendid view from the bottom tier of the away end at Loftus Road :facepalm:...... for which you will now pay a staggering £50:nono::tosser:

At QPR, an away ticket is £50.

Everton paying £17 for under 16s, £35 for OAPs and under 21s and £40 for adults.

SIMMO SAYS

Jul 31, 2012
Incommunicado
And this is why the atmosphere at a lot of top clubs like Arsenal is missing these days the real die hard working class Arsenal fan has been priced out of going so along comes upper class tourists who have no real passion for Arsenal but can afford £60 plus for a game

As a so called multi-millionaire plumber I agree with 'southstandandy'--- there is a limit to what most real supporters can afford------we have enough so called fans who have jumped on the Gus bus who dont have a clue but appear to be minted- I sat with them last season while they talked about their latest Los Angeles holiday during the Reading match. To these people it seemed to be something to just be there----no passion-no nothing.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham
Man city fans not happy about paying £65 for away tickets to Ajax when Real Madrid went to Ajax last week their fans were only charged £50
It seems european clubs know how much our fans are paying in the premier league and are putting the prices up accordingly

seagul

Jan 16, 2012
bexhill
as i've said previous..he's wrong

you can get Arsenal st's for £900 as an adult and the seats arnt that bad

i agree with others who say they would be priced out if we went up as i can honestly see prices being £500-£900..plus i'd want to go to every away game!

Ill tell my mate who paid 1700 for his ticket and 1700 for his wifes ticket that they must have been charged the wrong price.

seagul

Jan 16, 2012
bexhill
as i've said previous..he's wrong

you can get Arsenal st's for £900 as an adult and the seats arnt that bad

i agree with others who say they would be priced out if we went up as i can honestly see prices being £500-£900..plus i'd want to go to every away game!

Ill tell my mate who paid 1700 for his ticket and 1700 for his wifes ticket that they must have been charged the wrong price.

T soprano

Oct 27, 2011
Posh end of Shoreham

You're not going to let this go are you ,nobody Is saying your mate didn't pay £1700 for a season ticket but it's not the cheapest
As someone has said the cheapest is just under £1000

patchamalbion

Feb 26, 2009
brighton
Soppy bollocks, grow up ! somebody hates to admit there wrong :tosser:

are you actually serious or just:fishing:

read a few posts up where it states the cheapest Arsenal season is ticket is £900!! that's a long way from your thread starer which stated arsenals cheapest ST was £1700.

you're wrong, have been proved wrong now move on:tosser:

Last edited:

piersa

Apr 17, 2011
London
I went to Arsenal Swansea last season. I paid £53 and was sat so high up that I could not make out who the players were. Diabolical atmosphere too. Worst prem league ground I have been to. They can have my season tickets back once they get to £700.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here