Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arsenal game tickets rant

chaileyjem

#BarberIn
NSC Patron
Jun 27, 2012
I just went online, straight in, bought 4 tickets (Dad, Sons x2, mine) in WSU. Print at home. (no booking fee) Took 5 mins. A PDF with tickets arrived 2 mins later.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Just because you have an email and tickets does not guarantee entry on the day though, clearly this is a loop hole and hopefully when the button is pushed on Wednesday morning your seat isn't then sold again. I would definitely go online at 9am on Wednesday to check that seat isn't available again to avoid a possible issue on the 25th.

Yes -- good point. Having said that, I've just checked again, and first (although they're still reserved for me) it won't let me buy my own normal seats, as it says I'm only allowed one ticket per STH (which implies that it's registered the initial purchase). Second, the two seats that I (think I) bought last Thursday, are no longer showing as available (while those around them are). Third, they've also taken the money from my credit card. Fourth, the two seats show up in my purchase history on the ticket site. So I'm hopeful it's ok!
Having said that if I turn up on the 25th with a valid, paid-for ticket, and find I can't get in or there's someone else with the same ticket, it's their error, as I simply did something that was clearly labelled as ok on the website (pressed the "change seat" button), so I will expect nothing less than an immediate upgrade to a hospitality seat somewhere else...

mwrpoole

Sep 10, 2010
Sevenoaks
Sorry to be a dick but does anyone know how you add friends and family onto your ticket account. I can't see it anywhere . Ta.

Select the initial ticket choice & proceed to next screen, then you'll get 'add friends & family' option. You'll probably have to refresh F5 or log out / log back in to see the friends/ family you've added.

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Interestingly it now says on the ticket site:
"Season ticket holders now have until 9am on Wednesday 14th January to secure their seats for the fourth round clash with the Gunners.
After this deadline, seats will be released and season-ticket holders who have not already made a purchase may choose a seat in another area of the stadium."
Which seems to imply that if you want to sit somewhere else, you have to wait until Weds 14th January, and take pot-luck with all the non season ticket holders. This is just not true -- you can in fact log in now as a STH-holder, select your own seat, as if you want to buy it, and then click "change seat" and change it for a seat somewhere else in the ground (and even in season ticket areas, there's a fair number of seats not occupied by STHs). This definitely works, and I've got the email with the print at home tickets confirming this.

Just because you have an email and tickets does not guarantee entry on the day though, clearly this is a loop hole and hopefully when the button is pushed on Wednesday morning your seat isn't then sold again. I would definitely go online at 9am on Wednesday to check that seat isn't available again to avoid a possible issue on the 25th.

Yes -- good point. Having said that, I've just checked again, and first (although they're still reserved for me) it won't let me buy my own normal seats, as it says I'm only allowed one ticket per STH (which implies that it's registered the initial purchase). Second, the two seats that I (think I) bought last Thursday, are no longer showing as available (while those around them are). Third, they've also taken the money from my credit card. Fourth, the two seats show up in my purchase history on the ticket site. So I'm hopeful it's ok!
Having said that if I turn up on the 25th with a valid, paid-for ticket, and find I can't get in or there's someone else with the same ticket, it's their error, as I simply did something that was clearly labelled as ok on the website (pressed the "change seat" button), so I will expect nothing less than an immediate upgrade to a hospitality seat somewhere else...

For further information, I've checked this with the club (supporter services), as Gazwag's point made me slightly nervous, and they have just confirmed by email that what I did was ok, and not a loophole -- i.e. STH can buy (available) seats elsewhere in the stadium, before they go on general sale tomorrow. It's just that tomorrow, there will be a bigger choice (ie seats of STHs who haven't taken an option on their own seat). On the downside, if you wait till tomorrow, you'll be in competition with everyone else on general sale, and probably have to wait in the queue for ages only to find the best ones have gone. I still think that if STHs want to change seats it's worth doing it now, given that there are still good seats available in most areas of the stadium, even before general sale.

Mattywerewolf

Mar 7, 2012
Saff of the River
For further information, I've checked this with the club (supporter services), as Gazwag's point made me slightly nervous, and they have just confirmed by email that what I did was ok, and not a loophole -- i.e. STH can buy (available) seats elsewhere in the stadium, before they go on general sale tomorrow. It's just that tomorrow, there will be a bigger choice (ie seats of STHs who haven't taken an option on their own seat). On the downside, if you wait till tomorrow, you'll be in competition with everyone else on general sale, and probably have to wait in the queue for ages only to find the best ones have gone. I still think that if STHs want to change seats it's worth doing it now, given that there are still good seats available in most areas of the stadium, even before general sale.

Can someone who can see assess roughly what the take up has been from season ticket holders. A few have been saying too expensive but assuming over 90% going. Just wondering how big a binfest it will be tomorrow at 9....

soistes

Sep 12, 2012
Brighton
Can someone who can see assess roughly what the take up has been from season ticket holders. A few have been saying too expensive but assuming over 90% going. Just wondering how big a binfest it will be tomorrow at 9....

No you can't see that yet, because at the moment all STH seats are showing as not available, because they still have time to take up the option on them. The only seats in predominantly ST areas which are currently showing as available are groups of seats which, presumably, are where season ticket holders from last season or the season before didn't renew their seats. If I remember correctly season ticket numbers dropped by several thousand at the start of this season.

Super Steve Earle

Feb 23, 2009
North of Brighton
Just been out to the kitchen to find a crisp white envelope containing 3 Arsenal tickets - the system works!

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here