[Albion] Arsenal and Palace tickets

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Never stood a chance this morning . Same as with Chelsea. My lads miss out again, bad dad!!!

SlickHenry

Apr 10, 2020
Managed to get 1 Arsenal ticket with multiple refreshes and selecting seat to be told not available. It is a bit of a lottery. Ticket system does work for the main but could be improved with baskets emptied at 8:55am.

Palace seems like it is sold out a while ago though...

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
Mate just spoken to club who claim they cleared baskets (manually) before 9am

Apparently they couldn’t answer why the c200 tickets hadn’t returned despite this.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
Baskets being emptied at 8:59am has surely got to be the minimum expectation.

I didn’t even realise that it was allowed! If that’s the game that needs to be played will try it next time…

Looking like Forest, Sheffield United and Burnley away for us then! Not sure that I can face Newcastle though!!

Bozza

You can change this
Helpful Moderator
Jul 4, 2003
Back in Sussex
Baskets being emptied at 8:59am has surely got to be the minimum expectation.

I didn’t even realise that it was allowed! If that’s the game that needs to be played will try it next time…

Looking like Forest, Sheffield United and Burnley away for us then! Not sure that I can face Newcastle though!!
This prior tier ticket reserving used to be possible but the club were aware and took steps to stop it.

For the Ajax second tier, the club shut off sales at 8:30am, temporarily put up the "Sold out" signs, cleared all baskets, and re-opened sales at 9am which gave everyone an equal chance.

For some reason, they didn't do this for Athens, as widely reported on here and it sounds like they didn't do the same today either.

Whatever was done today wasn't effective and most of the tickets that should have been available to buy, simply weren't.

If it's practical, the club need to shut sales down 30 minutes (or whatever) between windows, clear out all baskets, and re-open sales at the prescribed time giving everyone an equal chance.

Leegull

Apr 7, 2016
This prior tier ticket reserving used to be possible but the club were aware and took steps to stop it.

For the Ajax second tier, the club shut off sales at 8:30am, temporarily put up the "Sold out" signs, cleared all baskets, and re-opened sales at 9am which gave everyone an equal chance.

For some reason, they didn't do this for Athens, as widely reported on here and it sounds like they didn't do the same today either.

Whatever was done today wasn't effective and most of the tickets that should have been available to buy, simply weren't.

If it's practical, the club need to shut sales down 30 minutes (or whatever) between windows, clear out all baskets, and re-open sales at the prescribed time giving everyone an equal chance.
Sounds absolutely like a common sense approach especially when you can see only a couple of hundred available before a big window opens! This must surely impact loads of younger fans like my lads who are season ticket holders for only three or four years and have low points and by default are always in that bottom tier!

Expensive old business trying to build their points up and get them up just one level!

With 4 London games in December I was convinced I’d get them to one but failed x 3 and West Ham is now a shocker of a slot!

All I really expected was an equal chance to slog it out with all the others in that tier but we weren’t even given that opportunity!!

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea

You put it better than I did!
It’s just common sense, why on earth didn’t they do this today, very poor.

EliasTaproot

Oct 31, 2022
They didn't empty baskets, I had to rely on an upper tier friend to get my ticket today, when I tried at 9am it had 1 available and was sold immediately. It's a serious problem and something I'd like to think would be perfect for the Fan Advisory Board to take on as an issue.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
They didn't empty baskets, I had to rely on an upper tier friend to get my ticket today, when I tried at 9am it had 1 available and was sold immediately. It's a serious problem and something I'd like to think would be perfect for the Fan Advisory Board to take on as an issue.
So you contributed to the problem then?
I wish I had done too. I already have my Arsenal ticket, wanted one for my lad. Waited until 9am. Mistake clearly.

Brian Fantana

Oct 8, 2006
In the field
The club are SO quick, rightly, to clamp down on any nonsense with ticket sharing etc but in the same breath they're really not doing themselves any favours by actively allowing the system to be gamed by those in higher tiers holding tickets for the next window opening. Surely it can't be that hard to stop sales at 8.30am (for a 9am new tier sale), clear baskets and then allow everyone a fair shot at the remaining tickets.

I say this as someone who hasn't missed out on tickets to Athens, Palace (where they didn't clear baskets either I don't think) or today. It is something that is so clearly not fair on people who either don't know about this loophole or don't have friends in higher tiers to help them out.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
The club are SO quick, rightly, to clamp down on any nonsense with ticket sharing etc but in the same breath they're really not doing themselves any favours by actively allowing the system to be gamed by those in higher tiers holding tickets for the next window opening. Surely it can't be that hard to stop sales at 8.30am (for a 9am new tier sale), clear baskets and then allow everyone a fair shot at the remaining tickets.

I say this as someone who hasn't missed out on tickets to Athens, Palace (where they didn't clear baskets either I don't think) or today. It is something that is so clearly not fair on people who either don't know about this loophole or don't have friends in higher tiers to help them out.
Agreed. This is why I disagree with the ‘not a closed shop’ statement. If YOU are in tier 1 then YOU have earned it and YOU have the right to first dibs at tickets for YOU, I have zero problem with that. However YOU should not be then in a better position than fans in lower tiers to buy additional tickets for your F&F. That is just not fair.

Paulie Gualtieri

Bada Bing
NSC Patron
May 8, 2018
process is inconsistent and needs looking at, as clearly an issue.

1) close sales 30 mins before next window
2) empty all baskets
3) train the person(s) doing 1 and 2 again to make sure it actually works and robust.

Seems to be me, even if baskets were manually cleared (I have my doubts) that there was no control in place to stop them being filled again before 9am.

This is so basic yet so frustrating

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports