Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Albion] Arsenal and Palace tickets

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
I’ve been banging the drum for the tier 2 points spread being way to large as well. There’s a pretty big gulf in ‘loyalty’ between those at the bottom and those at the top of it. Was very unfair for Ajax I thought (didn’t affect me before anyone calls sour grapes).
Agreed.

An established Season ticket holder Who had done most of the london away games + the semi and home cup games, from last season, would have qualified at Tier 2 for the Palace game.

What I would say though it's confusing if the Fan Council get involved in the Tier 2 issue tho - that's a judgment call between the interests of two different sets of Albion fans. Better that individuals lobby the club over that, I can see both sides of the debate. I'd prefer the Fan Council concentrate 100% on the non-basket emptying, as that's a clear cut case of people taking the piss because the ticket office aren't on the ball

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
It's really bad that they've not cleared baskets before sale and I say that as someone who has taken advantage of that as well if I am honest.

The fact it's happened 3 times on the bounce suggests a single point of failure that's left the club.
Possibly deliberate - ie ’its only 50/100/150 tickets left, it’s not enough for us to bother doing anything’

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
Possibly deliberate - ie ’its only 50/100/150 tickets left, it’s not enough for us to bother doing anything’
I disagree. The club know this is important to the fans and people on here have complained. They either don't want to clear them or don't know how to. I'm long odds on, on the later after 25 years in IT.

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
I disagree. The club know this is important to the fans and people on here have complained. They either don't want to clear them or don't know how to. I'm long odds on, on the later after 25 years in IT.
So ‘don't want to clear them’ would be deliberate :shrug: They 100% do know how to because they’ve done it previously

Iggle Piggle

Sep 3, 2010
So ‘don't want to clear them’ would be deliberate :shrug: They 100% do know how to because they’ve done it previously

Apologies, I meant don't know how to. Had a beer. My badly made point was that that IT geek who did it has left. Other IT companies are available (DM's are open)

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
Sorry this is absolutely nuts. People in the top tier have done the miles, and you're saying people in lower tiers should essentially get a special release of tickets for doing less games? 5% of away tickets (so for AEK that would be 100 of the 1500 or so tickets available) being given as a free for all for all STH? This thread is full of people (rightly) saying that it is unfair that tickets are being held back by people in higher tiers, only for your solution to be that the club should do it themselves!

It's also worth noting that, despite there being bigger demand than ever for the attractive and European fixtures, a lot of games are going all the way to all STHs and they have a large number of loyalty points attached to them. You want to be in a higher tier, go to Everton and Forest (15 points apiece)
Sorry this is absolutely nuts. People in the top tier have done the miles, and you're saying people in lower tiers should essentially get a special release of tickets for doing less games? 5% of away tickets (so for AEK that would be 100 of the 1500 or so tickets available) being given as a free for all for all STH? This thread is full of people (rightly) saying that it is unfair that tickets are being held back by people in higher tiers, only for your solution to be that the club should do it themselves!

It's also worth noting that, despite there being bigger demand than ever for the attractive and European fixtures, a lot of games are going all the way to all STHs and they have a large number of loyalty points attached to them. You want to be in a higher tier, go to Everton and Forest (15 points apiece)!

Yes, because currently it’s not working. You can be tier 1 for Palace, but unless you’re in the top ~1,500 you won’t be for Luton, B’mouth, Brentford. If that isn’t a closed shop then I don’t know what is.

Milano

Aug 15, 2012
Sussex but not by the sea
But all three games will go down to T2 and those T2 people who are successful will close the gap on, or even overtake, some of those 1,500.
How many will? 10? 20? Come on get real.
Imagine Luton was next, I reckon tier 1 would be ~335 points. So a tier 1 for Palace who is now on 325 points is in the giant tier 2 bucket with others on 250 points.
This is the issue, yes you can go to Forest etc. BUT SO WILL ALL THE OTHER TIER 1s.
What is so wrong with having a very small % of tickets that are held back for other tiers?

East Staffs Gull

Jan 16, 2004
Birmingham and Austria
What is so wrong with having a very small % of tickets that are held back for other tiers?
In practice that is exactly what happens because a number of T1 people won’t take up their tickets. I’d say at least 10%, which in my book represents a decent % of tickets. Feel free to argue when T2 opens for those three games.

Nicks

Yes, because currently it’s not working. You can be tier 1 for Palace, but unless you’re in the top ~1,500 you won’t be for Luton, B’mouth, Brentford. If that isn’t a closed shop then I don’t know what is.
It's not a closed shop it's going to places like Newcastle on a Thursday night last season that gets you the points.
I was deducted 50 points last season before Xmas putting me back in the middle of tier 2.
Done all the away games I could possibly do since then including Newcastle away on that Thursday, now comfortably back in the top half and maybe even higher for all I know of tier 1.
It's putting in the miles and the cash that gets you into the top tier, and so it should be .

dazzer6666

NSC Patron
Mar 27, 2013
Burgess Hill
In practice that is exactly what happens because a number of T1 people won’t take up their tickets. I’d say at least 10%, which in my book represents a decent % of tickets. Feel free to argue when T2 opens for those three games.
Agreed……usually at least 10% for virtually every game (even a high demand game like Arsenal was c4-500 this week wasn’t it so around 15%). They simply need to put a small window closure in and clear baskets out between tiers to level the playing field, and maybe think about reducing the number of those in T2 (although recent sales show that they maybe have this about right to be fair as a lot of sales seem to just about go to T3 anyway).

If I’m not in T1 for Luton, Muff or wherever it’s because I’ve chosen to miss a few games for whatever reason - I don’t view it as a closed shop at all, just exactly how priority should work.

Last edited:

Uh_huh_him

Sep 28, 2011
Why isn't it working?

Because only fans who have been going home and away for more than, lets say 8 seasons, qualify for the rarest tickets.
And if they keep going home and away, then they will continue to be the only ones that do?

I don't know how many fans there are in this category, but there are plenty of games per season, where tickets are available all the way down to purchase history. It might be worth checking how many tickets go in Tier1 for the Sheffield Utd game. That would provide a good indicator of the number of fans in the "closed shop".

As someone just outside Tier 1 for Palace, (who still managed to get a ticket) I can confirm that it is pretty easy to get into Tier 2.
I've done less than 50% of away games for the past 2 seasons and the home cup games ( + 3 London non-home cup games).

LANGDON SEAGULL

Dec 9, 2004
Langdon Hills
It is working - the fans that are putting the effort in to travel to the less attractive fixtures are getting the tickets they are entitled to.

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
It isn't a closed shop, was before but the club has sorted that with the passing on ticket punishment. I thought that well over the top initially, but didn't know the extent that it was happening. I still feel it has been clumsily applied at times but it's had a positive impact.

Its now relatively straight forward to get into tier 1 but previously you wouldnt be able to, it was impossible

Whether my current 335 plus forest, Chelsea, arsenal, Palace will be enough for brentford we'll see- but if others have done more games over a few seasons then they deserve to be at that points allocation and reaping the benefits. A couple of seasons of increasing away games, my wife giving up and signing up for a Saturday course, and work going well means it's been pretty quick to get into tier 1 for most games.

Fully appreciate that it's a lot of ducks aligning to be able to do that but that's not for the club to solve.

Last edited:

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
Whereas before they could buy and pass on = closed shop. Well done Paul Barber (going to stick my fingers down my throat now to release this queezy feeling)

Horses Arse

Jun 25, 2004
here and there
It's not a closed shop it's going to places like Newcastle on a Thursday night last season that gets you the points.
I was deducted 50 points last season before Xmas putting me back in the middle of tier 2.
Done all the away games I could possibly do since then including Newcastle away on that Thursday, now comfortably back in the top half and maybe even higher for all I know of tier 1.
It's putting in the miles and the cash that gets you into the top tier, and so it should be .
I don't like the fact that lack of spare cash equates to reduced chances of going to bigger games but that is just the world we live in. There's no solution to that available to the club within the points allocation scheme.

jonny.rainbow

Oct 29, 2005
How many will? 10? 20? Come on get real.
Imagine Luton was next, I reckon tier 1 would be ~335 points. So a tier 1 for Palace who is now on 325 points is in the giant tier 2 bucket with others on 250 points.
This is the issue, yes you can go to Forest etc. BUT SO WILL ALL THE OTHER TIER 1s.
Nothing. Your idea makes sense. Only those who benefit from the closed shop are against it.

And I say this as someone who has been tier 1 as recently as last season.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here