Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Arming the rebels in Syria will be a disaster...

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
The Syrian Armed forces are not the only ones fighting the rebels. Others include Shabiha who are mainly civilians who support Assad's Ba'ath party, the Al-abbas brigade, also civilians, who fight for the Shia that the rebels have been massacring, and the largest secondary militia group which consists of an estimated 50,000 civilians, the Jay'sh al Sha'bi.

Western intelligence clearly has a difficult time ascertaining who is who, especially in regards to casualties but more importantly in regards to militia. All that is said to be known is that chemical weapons were used - nobody knows exactly who by or who it was against - out of the lot I believe the SAA would be least likely purely due to condemnation it would get from the international community.
What's the difference between Sunni and Shia ?

Albion Dan

Banned
Jul 8, 2003
Peckham
Why would the US invent evidence to justify an invasion when the President does not want to do it and, as with Libya, the US would be better off with the current government.
Like people saying the Iraq War was about oil when the country who have ended up with all the oil contracts is actually China

Carry on believing what you are spoon fed by the media. If the US wanted the current Government why has it supported the rebels from the outset. Obama is just a puppet for the Federal Bank, just like whoever is president. Plenty of money to be made from war and the real powers that be want a huge one. What we are seeing is the dominos falling into place for engineered large global scale conflict.

People need to wake up and demand this nonsense ends but too many still lapping up the make believe thats invented to justify and disguise the plan.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
Like people saying the Iraq War was about oil when the country who have ended up with all the oil contracts is actually China

It was all about oil. That's why US troops are still there in their thousands, and won't leave till the oil's gone.
That's also why the US invaded Libya in the first place.
My heart bleeds for all the US/EU/NATO soldiers trapped today in both countries.

Now there will be people who come on here to try and tell you there aren't tens thousands of US and NATO soldiers there today, dodging IED's, in both Libya and Iraq.
Don't listen to them. It's illogical. The oil's still there, isn't it? I mean, imperialism, right? It never changes.

I learned one particular way of looking at the actions of the US, and the West generally, in ME/NA thirty-five, forty years ago, and it has stood me in good stead ever since. I'm too old, and it's too much work to learn a new one, especially if it's going to be constantly changing.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill
It was all about oil. That's why US troops are still there in their thousands, and won't leave till the oil's gone.
That's also why the US invaded Libya in the first place.
My heart bleeds for all the US/EU/NATO soldiers trapped today in both countries.

Now there will be people who come on here to try and tell you there aren't tens thousands of US and NATO soldiers there today, dodging IED's, in both Libya and Iraq.
Don't listen to them. It's illogical. The oil's still there, isn't it? I mean, imperialism, right? It never changes.

I learned one particular way of looking at the actions of the US, and the West generally, in ME/NA thirty-five, forty years ago, and it has stood me in good stead ever since. I'm too old, and it's too much work to learn a new one, especially if it's going to be constantly changing.

So which large US oil companies have moved into Iraq for the oil, the official Iraqi figures say over 70% of the contracts have gone to China who had no part of the War, are you saying there are still thousands of US troops in Iraq protecting Chinese assets?
Which US bases are all these troops from and how are they getting in and out and getting supported, the US military are reduced their flights into Iraq almost totally since the 'withdrawal'

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
Carry on believing what you are spoon fed by the media. [etc]

now you're just sounding like a conspiracy nut (or are you being sarcastic?). same was said of N.Korea few months ago. same of Egypt, Libya, then Iranian threats to blockade the gulf before that. and Afganistan, Iraq before that. no global conflict yet.

dont need to follow the media to notice that Obama has avoided escalation of any conflict on his watch. definately tried to avoid another Afgan quagmire, letting the Europeans do the running on Libya and stayed very much on the sidelines with Syria. the US knows the they cant involved much without it leading to a bigger conflict and boots on the ground, which they are avoiding. there is no appettite for war any more.

RexCathedra

Aurea Mediocritas
Jan 14, 2005
Vacationland
So which large US oil companies have moved into Iraq for the oil, the official Iraqi figures say over 70% of the contracts have gone to China who had no part of the War, are you saying there are still thousands of US troops in Iraq protecting Chinese assets?
Which US bases are all these troops from and how are they getting in and out and getting supported, the US military are reduced their flights into Iraq almost totally since the 'withdrawal'

You can't fool me. You might as well try to tell me there's tens of thousands of US and NATO troops in Afghanistan, where there isn't any oil at all!

hybrid_x

Banned
Jun 28, 2011
all about oil, banks, getting western puppets into nations under the illusions of democracy, and selling arms.

the bbc say "syria gov are using chemical weapons" - the next day the west is sending more support to the rebels....pure propaganda.

in a few months a western IMF type leader will be in place.....oh, but no, the good old russians have said enough is enough.

go russia i say :)

GreersElbow

Jan 5, 2012
A Northern Outpost
Western governments have openly supported The Free Syrian Army which is known to consist mainly of Jihadists who commit extreme & violent atrocities against civilians that oppose their Islamic ideals.

There are many people who oppose Assad who want a democratic & secular state - but they won't be the ones fighting.
You're sure they're sitting around waiting for Assad to fall, and not fight? You seem to make these comments like you're 100% and you have the sources, which you always fail to provide.
Which one of the 1200 factions are you referring to? On the ground the FSA fight hand in glove with the ANF. ANF is formed from, with and by those from Al Qaeda in Iraq, those who shot, bombed and beheaded their way from 2003 to 2010. We will be arming those that want to kill us and create a caliphate. And thus I refer you to my previous statement.

I'm referring to the pluralist faction, which I specifically said. FSA is just an umbrella, it isn't a single-unified unit. The Kurds are fighting, but are they fighting for the FSA/ANF - Nope. Thus I refer to the end of my comment "The problem is whether the guns will reach them or not".

I've already stated I'm against arming the rebels, purely because this is now going to turn into a proxy war between the West and Russia over either's influence on the region.

all about oil, banks, getting western puppets into nations under the illusions of democracy, and selling arms.

the bbc say "syria gov are using chemical weapons" - the next day the west is sending more support to the rebels....pure propaganda.

in a few months a western IMF type leader will be in place.....oh, but no, the good old russians have said enough is enough.

Oil...lawl. Global contracts are the bigger prize in post-war rebuilding.

Why go Russia? They're sabre-rattling, Putin's looking for trouble. He certainly shouldn't be cheerleading, given his response to Georgia a few years ago.

martyn20

Unwell but still smiling
Aug 4, 2012
Burgess Hill

But the West were happily selling arms to Libya before the conflict there but now we don't. In Egypt the friends of the West were in charge and now it's the Muslim brotherhood who hate the West. The West have very little control over Iraq since the war and god alone knows what will happen in Afghanistan after we have left, chances are the Taliban will take over again.
Is that not the total opposite of what you are saying?

jimhigham

Je Suis Rhino
Apr 25, 2009
Woking
Who exactly would we be funding? That chap that likes to eat hearts?

That was flippant but it does illustrate a point. Is there a clearly defined "good guy" that we should be assisting. My gut says this is a civil war and, as unpalatable as it is, it will simply have to play itself out.

bWize

Nov 6, 2007
You dont think the public are manipulated by the media? You dont believe the Iraq war was underpinned by commercial greed? Open your mind.

Unfortunately most can't see it, and even if they could most wouldn't care as long as it didn't impact their own lives... Bunch of helpless sheep who rely on the Daily Mail to tell instruct them how to act and think.

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.
So the Americans are now going to start arming the Sunni rebels, while the Russians are arming Asad's side. The west meddled in Libya and got away with it, this one is gonna be a whole lot more complicated. A political solution is the only one available...

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with supplying arms, the reds are up to their old tricks, so we should match them. The line in the sand should be using troops on the ground (other than special forces as "advisors").

It never hurts to test our technology against the Ruskies' best, as we never know when we will be up against them.

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath

Which Russians are you on about ? Those good old squeaky clean ones who have absolutely no history whatsoever of installing regimes for their own benefit ?

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
Unfortunately most can't see it, and even if they could most wouldn't care as long as it didn't impact their own lives... Bunch of helpless sheep who rely on the Daily Mail to tell instruct them how to act and think.

Er excuse me i don't believe a word Albion Dan is saying of it but nor do i rely on the Daily Mail so what does that make me?

User removed 4

May 9, 2008
Haywards Heath
In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with supplying arms, the reds are up to their old tricks, so we should match them. The line in the sand should be using troops on the ground (other than special forces as "advisors").

It never hurts to test our technology against the Ruskies' best, as we never know when we will be up against them.
we ?? When was the last time you were"up against" the Russians ?

pork pie

Dec 27, 2008
Pork pie land.

Well people like you would. It is a shame we are so soft with those who spout treason.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here