Argus : Loan striker 'before Reading'

Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

martin tyler

Jan 25, 2013
Quite. What are Josh McEachran & Andros Townsend doing this week too? Not strikers I know, but as you say, we must be due a go at some stage.

McEachran was linked to us a few times yesterday as a loan signing. Townsend is playing for Spurs now so no hope there

Lady Whistledown

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
Well apart from the train punctuality stat, somewhat of a passion of mine, I do enjoy comparing The Major's attendance figures to pre AMEX attendances to see if there is a positive correlation.

Gosh, if we're doing that (and frankly I'm not someone who's normally bothered, but as you started it), shall we start counting the extra faces that seem to have mysteriously appeared at Selhurst Park so far this season? :wave:

I wonder what made them suddenly decide to go to games. They liked your new kit? They all just happened to have moved to the area over the summer? Groupon did a special 4 for 1 deal? Or just Premier League glory (hehe) hunting "plastics" (I think that's the term)?

Nigel's Mate

Sep 1, 2013
Nor did anyone else, but don't let that ruin your story eh?

Phillips? No thanks. Wilbraham? Good grief: we're after a striker, not a big, immobile carthorse who makes Michael Ricketts look like Lionel Messi.

And personally, there's no need for me to be "glad Ulloa is staying", because I was 100% confident he wasn't ever going to you (or anywhere else) at any point this window.

KP can do the job- he bagged an 8 min hatrick versus Hull last season didn't he?

What about when Jan window opens- I reckon maybe Hull will be looking for a goal scorer as they missed out on Long.

Nigel's Mate

Sep 1, 2013
Gosh, if we're doing that (and frankly I'm not someone who's normally bothered, but as you started it), shall we start counting the extra faces that seem to have mysteriously appeared at Selhurst Park so far this season? :wave:

I wonder what made them suddenly decide to go to games. They liked your new kit? They all just happened to have moved to the area over the summer? Groupon did a special 4 for 1 deal? Or just Premier League glory (hehe) hunting "plastics" (I think that's the term)?

If we had the padded seats and plastic clappers we would have perhaps drawn out more Edna, I can see you are as concerned as we are.

I have written a letter to Parish suggesting this for next season- thanks for the ideas buddy.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Nor did anyone else, but don't let that ruin your story eh?

Lots of little snippets coming out that this poogate thing was nothnig like it was made out to be and indeed possibly nothnig to even do with a BHA employee (shame the Sun ran a typical sun like story so those that have heard of it believe their guesswork). Can you expand on what you know Edna?

Nigel's Mate

Sep 1, 2013
Lots of little snippets coming out that this poogate thing was nothnig like it was made out to be and indeed possibly nothnig to even do with a BHA employee (shame the Sun ran a typical sun like story so those that have heard of it believe their guesswork). Can you expand on what you know Edna?

Slightly off topic,

I suggested a newer avi of Thomasz for you yesterday and you have ignored my efforts to find one of him in a Brighton shirt.

Was only helping chief.

StonehamPark

#Brighton-Nil
Oct 30, 2010
BC, Canada
With Jerome arriving it seems Wilbraham is available- short commute for the lad too. Also has a similar aerial ability to Glad Ulloa.

Slightly off topic,

I suggested a newer avi of Thomasz for you yesterday and you have ignored my efforts to find one of him in a Brighton shirt.

Was only helping chief.

Slightly off-topic but you've re-joined NSC under a new alias and have accumulated 40 posts in under 2.5 days on another teams forum.

Do you realise how sad you are?

Husty

Mooderator
Oct 18, 2008
None of these names being banded about are going to be happy to come down to Brighton to be a third choice striker when they could go elsewhere in the championship and start matches every week.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Slightly off topic,

Was only helping chief.

Ah I must've missed that post pal? Only prob now is, you've just confirmed once again you're seaside (the bet welching pillock) as he had an obsession with my avator. For some reason, I've had about 3 of your (sad little) trolls comment on it. I've never once had an Albion fan comment on it and i forget it's even bloody there. There's not even a Man U badge showing anywhere on there so dunno why you get all weird about it. I think u completely miss the point of what it shows?

For what its worth, yes i am a Man U supporter and have been since I was 1 and a half - it's in the family. We win lots and we're going to beat you 7-0 at OT next wk. There's nothnig wrong with having 2 teams - i only went along to the Amex with a mate and thought it was really nice so i go sometimes - big deal? I still go to OT 2 or 3 times a season on the coach from Hastings so **** u

Publius Ovidius

Jul 5, 2003
at home
wouldn't surprise me if we got someone in, but just for the "development squad"

Gazwag

5 millionth post poster
Mar 4, 2004
Bexhill-on-Sea
If we had the padded seats and plastic clappers we would have perhaps drawn out more Edna, I can see you are as concerned as we are.

I have written a letter to Parish suggesting this for next season- thanks for the ideas buddy.

See you know nothing the clackers were cardboard not plastic besides our board learn from their mistakes, like the chants on the screens they tried once and once only. You however still have drums :facepalm: and goal music :facepalm: :facepalm:

See you know nothing the clackers were cardboard not plastic besides our board learn from their mistakes, like the chants on the screens they tried once and once only. You however still have drums :facepalm: and goal music :facepalm: :facepalm:

And call and return goalscorers......................!!!!!!!

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.
Let's try and move on from Zamora. A legend yes but lets try and aim for someone who will complete a season without getting crocked.

Sad to say it, but I agree. This was the first Transfer Window where I did NOT want to see us sign him. He looks like a players whose body has said "enough". Hasn't looked much of a player at all in his time at QPR.

Paris

Jul 17, 2010
13th district
Quite. What are Josh McEachran & Andros Townsend doing this week too? Not strikers I know, but as you say, we must be due a go at some stage.

No chance of Townsend coming here. He's a first teamer now at the Lane and in the current England squad(probably team).

*Edit - just seen the above posts making the same points.

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
I believe Dickenson is quite highly regarded at the club, I have been a little surprised not to see him on the bench at times this season. Still only young though.

But I'd love either of them to be given a chance, while at the same time appreciating the risk involved.

wants away......

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports