Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus : Loan striker 'before Reading'

theonesmith

Oct 27, 2008
been more impressed with Dickinson than Barker....he has more of a physical presence

I believe Dickenson is quite highly regarded at the club, I have been a little surprised not to see him on the bench at times this season. Still only young though.

But I'd love either of them to be given a chance, while at the same time appreciating the risk involved.

Saint Lennard

Prawn Sarnie Casual
Sep 30, 2004
Seafront shelters
SSN did say last night that Sharp was likely to be heading out on loan.

They also said that Southampton are playing hardball and will only let him go if 100% of his wages are paid. So that makes it seem. Very unlikely that he will be coming.
I think it'll be someone who has just been pushed down the pecking order of a Premium team but are still part of their plans. ie fourth string from City, Spurs, WBA...

Nigel's Mate

Sep 1, 2013
The word Push was written on the front cover of Bros' debut album 22 times.

What's yours?

Well apart from the train punctuality stat, somewhat of a passion of mine, I do enjoy comparing The Major's attendance figures to pre AMEX attendances to see if there is a positive correlation.

One Love

Aug 22, 2011
Brighton
They also said that Southampton are playing hardball and will only let him go if 100% of his wages are paid. So that makes it seem. Very unlikely that he will be coming.

Pretty sure they will have to come down from that expectation. They are probably hoping a parachute payment team come in for him but if they don't they've got no chance.

albionite

May 20, 2009
Well apart from the train punctuality stat, somewhat of a passion of mine, I do enjoy comparing The Major's attendance figures to pre AMEX attendances to see if there is a positive correlation.

Why is seaside allowed to post in this thread it has nothing to do with the gimps?

hans kraay fan club

The voice of reason.
Helpful Moderator
Mar 16, 2005
Chandlers Ford
I'm going to guess that it will be one of the three perennial loaness: Obika / Kane / Afobe.

Surely it must be our TURN to have one of them?

Rugrat

Mar 13, 2011
Seaford
Sharp would do it for me. Stains might want 100% but can't see them getting it unless Adkins goes in for him. FFP or not I'd imagine we've got a bit in the kitty given our lack of activity and he'd be perfect for our needs.

saafend_seagull

Jul 5, 2003
BN1
How many goals has Wilbraham scored for Palace over the last 6 months?

If we are looking for a decent impact striker on loan we could do a lot worse than Kevin Phillips. He could also bring a lot to the training ground and the dressing room.

He has ZERO in 24 league games.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
FTR Super Kev didn't defecate on the floor matey.

Nor did anyone else, but don't let that ruin your story eh?

Phillips? No thanks. Wilbraham? Good grief: we're after a striker, not a big, immobile carthorse who makes Michael Ricketts look like Lionel Messi.

And personally, there's no need for me to be "glad Ulloa is staying", because I was 100% confident he wasn't ever going to you (or anywhere else) at any point this window.

edna krabappel

NSC Patron
Jul 7, 2003
I'm going to guess that it will be one of the three perennial loaness: Obika / Kane / Afobe.

Surely it must be our TURN to have one of them?

Quite. What are Josh McEachran & Andros Townsend doing this week too? Not strikers I know, but as you say, we must be due a go at some stage.

Buck

Through & Through
Feb 18, 2009
Not Lewes Any More

Can we not just ban this tedious c***? Please f*** off back to your own board you inbred ****.

Am I the only one sick of all the Palace mongs on here over the last few days?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here