Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus : Loan striker 'before Reading'

Biscuit

Native Creative
Jul 8, 2003
Brighton
Lots of little snippets coming out that this poogate thing was nothnig like it was made out to be and indeed possibly nothnig to even do with a BHA employee (shame the Sun ran a typical sun like story so those that have heard of it believe their guesswork). Can you expand on what you know Edna?

I have no idea how it became what it did.

The Palace coachdriver had the shits, didn't make the toilet. Did try and clean it up. :shrug:

Blues Rock DJ

Apr 18, 2011
Dorset
How about Aaron McLean? I didn't see him go anywhere, so he is either a Free Agent, or kicking his heels at Hull. Always gives us a torrid time, and would be a good addition to the front line IMHO. I know we were sniffing after him a year ago, but his wage demands were too high, but he's not done much the last 12 months, so maybe those demands have dropped a bit since.

injured, didn't he just drop out of the jock squad ?

Marshy

Jul 6, 2003
FRUIT OF THE BLOOM
Not a great deal, but the story seems to have become universally accepted as being "someone shat on the floor" which, as far as I'm aware, isn't the case at all. The Albion have, probably wisely, chosen to maintain a dignified silence, as to comment would add nothing to it.

But I was rather under the impression that the whole thing was nothing more than someone leaving a rather nasty surprise in one of the dressing room toilets. Not pleasant, I grant you, but equally not much more than most of you will (I presume) have witnessed in any set of gents' toilets at some point in your lives. Usually from someone who "forgot" to flush & brush, or who thought it would be hilarious to leave a big brown present for the next user.

Somehow, this seems to have been turned into a "crap all over the floor" story by Palace & the tabloid rags.

You have such a way with words ;-)

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
That's good to know. I've been biting my tongue for MONTHS every time I read an incorrect rumour about it!

I think there are lots of people who know a bit / some / lots and the grey world of legal and lawyers has scared people off. The thread a few weeks ago about Gus that got hundreds of posts made me laugh because the lawyers of an interested party must have been watching with Bozza's number on speed dial ready to get it removed as soon as it got close to the bone. I can just imagine a trainee solicitor in London getting the 'watch this thread' job for the day and charging through the nose for it.

Bwian

Kiss my (_!_)
Jul 14, 2003
Who would have thought 5/6 years ago Wayne Bridge or Matthew Upson would be pulling on Albion shirts ?????

Or Vicente for crying out loud. Vi phucking cente! At one time one of the world's best players and he was an Albion player for 2 seasons.

We are not the poor relations any more. Tony Bloom and co are playing blinders on the money side of things and decent players are interested now. There will be more Bridge, Upson and Vicente type players.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
Not a great deal, but the story seems to have become universally accepted as being "someone shat on the floor" which, as far as I'm aware, isn't the case at all. The Albion have, probably wisely, chosen to maintain a dignified silence, as to comment would add nothing to it.

But I was rather under the impression that the whole thing was nothing more than someone leaving a rather nasty surprise in one of the dressing room toilets. Not pleasant, I grant you, but equally not much more than most of you will (I presume) have witnessed in any set of gents' toilets at some point in your lives. Usually from someone who "forgot" to flush & brush, or who thought it would be hilarious to leave a big brown present for the next user.

Somehow, this seems to have been turned into a "crap all over the floor" story by Palace & the tabloid rags.

The, Pual Barber's email said as muck...
I heard that it was nothing more than a bum nest......

Excuse my ignorance, but what's that?

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I heard that it was nothing more than a bum nest......

I have no idea how it became what it did.

The Palace coachdriver had the shits, didn't make the toilet. Did try and clean it up. :shrug:

Thank god someone else has posted. This is what happened (allegedly(im still being safe))

I think its well know it wasn't a 'protest' and has been on here and survived a Mod-ing.

It's def been on here before. But is this actually true do u know? Barber's email suggested nobody knows who it was but also why does Holloway go mental at a FEMALE employee? Also how would the coach driver get to the changing rooms before the players and have enough time to do the mess?

Braders

Abi Fletchers Gimpboy
Jul 15, 2003
Brighton, United Kingdom
It's def been on here before. But is this actually true do u know? Barber's email suggested nobody knows who it was but also why does Holloway go mental at a FEMALE employee? Also how would the coach driver get to the changing rooms before the players and have enough time to do the mess?

Guessing the female employee was someone at the Albion in charge of making sure the away team had everything they wanted etc...

The second point no idea, maybe they didn't spot it straight away (we're not talking much poo apparently)

Also how would the coach driver get to the changing rooms before the players and have enough time to do the mess?

If the driver had the trots he may well have made a run for the changing room - no pun intended.

The players may well have been delayed signing autographs, generally getting their gear together. They certainly wouldn't have outsprinted a desperate coach driver

Who knows? Or, who cares?

Sergei's Celebration

Jan 3, 2010
I've come back home.
The, Pual Barber's email said as muck...

Excuse my ignorance, but what's that?

I think the suggestion is it was 'a missed appointment'.

And in answer to your truth question: I was told this my someone who has nothing to do with NSC, who i trust and has a connection to the club. I am not sure about going mental at a female employee, where have you got that from? Who said the mess wasnt made on the arrival of the players? No one (other than Gus' email) has said it was there before they arrived. Think what is more likely

1. A member of the Palace group gets of the bus, walks into the changing room (nearest toilet), misses his appointment, tries to clean it up (fails) and goes back to his job slightly sheepish and scared of job security. OR
2. Someone with access to the tunnel pre match (but after the checks/cleaners), goes into the changing room, makes a mess to spite Palace and no one, not through internal investigation, discussion or bragging knows who it is. Its not done in the middle of the changing room, on the rub down bench its done in a cubicle onto a pan.

I know which one i believe.

Sheebo

Jul 13, 2003
I think the suggestion is it was 'a missed appointment'.

And in answer to your truth question: I was told this my someone who has nothing to do with NSC, who i trust and has a connection to the club. I am not sure about going mental at a female employee, where have you got that from? Who said the mess wasnt made on the arrival of the players? No one (other than Gus' email) has said it was there before they arrived. Think what is more likely

1. A member of the Palace group gets of the bus, walks into the changing room (nearest toilet), misses his appointment, tries to clean it up (fails) and goes back to his job slightly sheepish and scared of job security. OR
2. Someone with access to the tunnel pre match (but after the checks/cleaners), goes into the changing room, makes a mess to spite Palace and no one, not through internal investigation, discussion or bragging knows who it is. Its not done in the middle of the changing room, on the rub down bench its done in a cubicle onto a pan.

I know which one i believe.

Yeh I see what ya mean. It was in some documentary Wurzel going mad at this women. Of course if what is said is true, Holloway would've assumed it wasn't a palace connection but they may have got there first without him knowing. Can't believe the Sun if what is said here is indeed the truth. Also may explain palace not commenting much on it and being sheepish...

Uncle C

Jul 6, 2004
Bishops Stortford
If these theories are true, then why is the Club shy about telling the truth. After all it has left the cub with a tarnished reputation.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
If these theories are true, then why is the Club shy about telling the truth. After all it has left the cub with a tarnished reputation.

The club did make a statement of sorts but rumours and 'jokes' will always outdo the truth.

Bladders

Twats everywhere
Jun 22, 2012
The Troubadour
Why didn't the Coach driver use the shitter on his coach if he was that desperate? :shrug:

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here