Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

Argus : Loan striker 'before Reading'

Papa Lazarou

Living in a De Zerbi wonderland
Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
The site owner has said this info has come from a trustworthy source within the club, so maybe, just maybe.. ?

fat old seagull

Sep 8, 2005
Rural Ringmer
Makes me laugh all these names being banded around. I bet the loan will be someone we have never heard of.
Well frankly I'd never heard of Mr Ulloa before he arrived. So I'd be grateful if he's half as good. Besides I think some folk on here don't give credit to the hierarchy of the club, especially Tony Bloom. He hasn't wasted much if any money on cloggers.
For what it's worth it would be someone that fits the bill. I'd love to see Yossi Benyoun myself, I think he'd be the perfect foil for Leo.

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Interesting that the rumours are of 'big' news, whatever that means - I agree: hopefully not big in a 'Barn door Billy' sense.

I'm quietly hoping it is about time we had a player of OG's choosing in on loan, maybe a Spanish flairista who needs some development under OG and will get precious game time in the Championship, maybe on a 'loan with an option to buy later' deal?

Might explain why we have sat on our transfer budget - or just my wishful thinking.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
some of the suggestions on the FB page are mental.

Becchio - can't be, as he's in the Norwich 25 man squad
Vicente - How can you loan a player who's a free agent?

El Turi

Injured
Aug 13, 2005
Argentina
This has probably been said, but I'm sure the loan window doesn't open until next week so how could we sign anyone tomorrow?

Seagull over Canaryland

Feb 8, 2011
Norfolk
Without duplicating the Vicente thread I can't see it being him - otherwise as a free agent he could already be training with us and helping with our injury cover, if he was really wanted.

Papa Lazarou

Jul 7, 2003
Worthing
This has probably been said, but I'm sure the loan window doesn't open until next week so how could we sign anyone tomorrow?

So, it's either NOT a loan, which would suggest a free agent, which leads to Vicente.

Or, it is a loan, and we are announcing the loan early for some reason, which seems unlikely.

Or it's not true in any form.

Gritt23

Jul 7, 2003
Meopham, Kent.

Not sure it has been said .... personally, I think that is because it's going to be someone who is currently a Free Agent, signing a permanent deal.

Just guessing.

B.W.

Jul 5, 2003

This.

A free agent, yes, a loan, no. So the story doesn't hold-up.

seagullsovergrimsby

#cpfctinpotclub
Aug 21, 2005
Crap Town
This.

A free agent, yes, a loan, no. So the story doesn't hold-up.

The announcement is tomorrow , the paperwork waits until next week to make it kosher.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here