Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Argentinian Election

Mellor 3 Ward 4

Jul 27, 2004
saaf of the water
I suppose with inflation in Argentina running at over 140% and 40% of Argentinians living in povety, you can understand why people vote for change.

Plans to ditch the peso for the USD and slash public spending.

Brazil just got rid of their right wing Govt - now Argentina elects one.

Bridcutt

Aug 10, 2011
How long before he starts banging the Falklands/Malvinas drum?
Apparently he considers the islands Argentinian but says war is not an option and the way forward is diplomacy and considering the people living there although he seems a bit crazy and I've seen a video this morning or him with a chainsaw in public so I'm not going to take his word for it

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
apparently he's pragmatic, speaks about needing a dialogue, talk to the Falklanders. sounds like kicking it in the long grass. he knows they dont have the capability - they didnt before so how would they now with less airforce and navy. there's far more pressing issues at home.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
1700500432881.jpeg

They've elected Bernard Manning.

Eeyore

Colonel Hee-Haw of Queen's Park
NSC Patron
Apr 5, 2014
Apparently he considers the islands Argentinian but says war is not an option and the way forward is diplomacy and considering the people living there although he seems a bit crazy and I've seen a video this morning or him with a chainsaw in public so I'm not going to take his word for it
He's also spoken of his admiration for Margaret Thatcher !

fly high

Aug 25, 2011
in a house
apparently he's pragmatic, speaks about needing a dialogue, talk to the Falklanders. sounds like kicking it in the long grass. he knows they dont have the capability - they didnt before so how would they now with less airforce and navy. there's far more pressing issues at home.
But we no longer have the capability to win them back!

A1X

NSC Patron
Sep 1, 2017
Deepest, darkest Sussex
As soon as things start going wrong for him would be my bet

beorhthelm

A. Virgo, Football Genius
Jul 21, 2003
But we no longer have the capability to win them back!
HMS Queen Elizabeth disagrees. more to the point, the capbilities on Falklands would repel the Argentines.

nicko31

Jan 7, 2010
Gods country fortnightly
I suppose with inflation in Argentina running at over 140% and 40% of Argentinians living in povety, you can understand why people vote for change.

Plans to ditch the peso for the USD and slash public spending.

Brazil just got rid of their right wing Govt - now Argentina elects one.
When things get shit dishonest actors appear and offer simple solutions to complex problems.

Gets Trumps endorsement, bad sign

Last edited:

Slum_Wolf

May 3, 2021
When things get shit honest actors appear and offer simple solutions to complex problems.

Gets Trumps endorsement, bad sign
Also endorsed by Bolsonaro, Salvini in Italy, André Ventura, leader of Portugal’s far-right party Chega!, Santiago Abascal, leader of Spain’s right wing Vox, Hungary’s president Katalin Novák and Chilean ultra-conservative politician José Antonio Kast. I assume no word yet from the crocodile gonad munching **** in the celebrity bush?

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here