Got something to say or just want fewer pesky ads? Join us... 😊

[Politics] Are your DECCIES down ?

Harry Wilson's tackle

Harry Wilson's Tackle
NSC Patron
Oct 8, 2003
Faversham
Before 12th night so by the 6th of January.
People put them up far too early so are sick of them by Christmas. I will do a little bit each day now until the weekend, when they will go into the loft.
This.

Always 12th night.

Mrs T went early this year with the putting up. I can embrace the Danny Baker (Christmas starts as soon as Woolworths put the Christmas CD on and the TV ads for Bernard Matthews Norfolk turkeys start), but for the coming down 12th night it has to be.

Now, for those on the spectrum.....I have become obsessed with the 1980s classic, The Box of Delights. So, I have to watch it so the last episode is watched no later than Christmas day. As you can imagine, the family just love this :facepalm:. But I am adamant. This is important to me and any digression will ruin Christmas for me.

I am even prepared to disregard the adverts for Thompson summer getaways. And Judith Chalmers.

And let's not forget everyone. It is STILL Christmas. Happy Christmas everyone.

indy3050

Jun 22, 2011
I returned from a work trip on November the 4th to find she’d put the whole bloody lot up whilst I was away… The poxy tree is still there 🤦🏻‍♂️ I’ve slowly been chipping away at it all since New Year’s Eve…

Easy 10

Brain dead MUG SHEEP
Jul 5, 2003
Location Location
As an aside, my son got us a voucher for that turkish restaurant in Boundary Road, so I drove along with the doris to make use of it today. Parked on a single yellow just south of Tesco at 4.35, thinking nothing more of it, as its a bank holiday. Had a pleasant meal, returned at about 6 to find a parking ticket on my windshield. £70, or £35 within 2 weeks.

Supporting a local business and all that. Happy New Year, B&H City Council. Shove it up your flappy-arsed wart-ridden brown shitstars, you miserable bunch of f***ing thieving spunktrumpets.

METALMICKY

Jan 30, 2004
What an absolute MISSION. It took half the day for us to disassemble the tree, pack all the glowing TAT away (after removing the batteries), scale a ladder to take down all the outside lights, move the tables, lamps and birdcage back into position, hoover up all the glitter and shit, polish the surfaces, box and bag everything up, hump it all up the stairs and then up into the attic. I must admit our living room is like Blackpool Tower at Christmas, but in my defence, I do have grandkids.

Anyway, it all comes back down again in 11 months for the cycle to begin again assuming I'm not crippled. But right now, I'm enjoying a spiced rum, with my newly uncluttered living room being back to normal, safe in the knowledge its not going to take me 15 minutes to turn all the lights off before I shuffle off to bed tonight. For the first time in a month.

Is it worth it ? If I say 'no', then apparently I'm a "Victor" :rolleyes:
Totally relate to this but our ' excuse ' is 8 year old twins. But here's the rub. From about 1 December the wife is querying when am I going up into loft to get decs and also put out our admittedly meagre outside lights. A fortune is also spent on batteries servicing our grotto. However, on Boxing Day she starts querying when we are taking the decs and lights down!

The Clamp

NSC Patron
Jan 11, 2016
West is BEST
I think a tastefully decorate tree and some traditional ornaments, sparingly placed around the home can be nice.

What I cannot accept is a house that looks like someone did a trolley dash at Poundland.

Come on people, we’re not barbarians. Are we?

Brok

😐
Dec 26, 2011
Mine are down, purely and simply because I never got round to putting them up this year.

Wrong-Direction

Mar 10, 2013
Still up in our house, sounds like the house of fun where you live. :moo: :smile:
Misses been up since 1am crying, bird below us coughing and snoring louder than ever ffs

wellquickwoody

Many More Voting Years
NSC Patron
Aug 10, 2007
Melbourne
Every year I take all the decorations down and hurl them, fake tree, lights the lit and buy new again from some shitty garden Center next November
Take it you are happy with your utility bills, council tax and the general cost of living? Not really aimed directly at you, but more at the small minority of folk that do the same.

Thunder Bolt

Silly old bat
This.

Always 12th night.

Mrs T went early this year with the putting up. I can embrace the Danny Baker (Christmas starts as soon as Woolworths put the Christmas CD on and the TV ads for Bernard Matthews Norfolk turkeys start), but for the coming down 12th night it has to be.

Now, for those on the spectrum.....I have become obsessed with the 1980s classic, The Box of Delights. So, I have to watch it so the last episode is watched no later than Christmas day. As you can imagine, the family just love this :facepalm:. But I am adamant. This is important to me and any digression will ruin Christmas for me.

I am even prepared to disregard the adverts for Thompson summer getaways. And Judith Chalmers.

And let's not forget everyone. It is STILL Christmas. Happy Christmas everyone.
We've lost the concept of Advent, which is preparation for Christmas. Because everything is bought ready made now, preparation has gone except for a chocolate Advent calendar. It used to be a time of waiting, preparing and anticipation but now it is instant gratification.
It also makes January very flat, drab and miserable.

Guinness Boy

Tofu eating wokerati
Helpful Moderator
NSC Patron
Jul 23, 2003
Up and Coming Sunny Portslade
Still up, didn’t put many up this year, only put lights on the tree as I’m sure my lunatic puppy would have taken any other bits off again :rolleyes: :smile: I’m surprised the tree is still in one piece.
We had a wreath on the outside of the front door for one day, the pup kept barking in the hallway because she thought there was someone at the door :facepalm:
We've had a tiny tree that can go up on the sideboard for the last two years because of the dog. We were in two minds this year, but then he ate three Christmas cards, which, given the post strike, represented a fair percentage of what was up :lolol:

I've picked up some absolutely bizarre dogshit since we got him in November 2021 (the day after he ate a bright blue squishy was particularly hard work) but I've no desire at all to see him turn Hove seafront into a cross between a fir forest and a Blackpool nightclub's ceiling.

junior

Dec 1, 2003
Didsbury, Manchester
We only do a tree and wreath on the door as I can't stand OTT tacky Christmas decorations, plus and Christmas cards we receive which are dwindling each year.

They will come down on twelth night. They did go up a bit early this year as Mrs J took the little one to Germany to see family before xmas so we put them up before they went.

talk2knighty

Dec 26, 2014
Take it you are happy with your utility bills, council tax and the general cost of living? Not really aimed directly at you, but more at the small minority of folk that do the same.
I was joking about chucking them, but to answer your question, no I’m not happy about council tax, they should be charging more 😉

Wozza

Shite Supporter
Jul 6, 2003
Our tree just exited via the lounge window. An enjoyable experience (bar the required vacuuming).

BrightonCottager

Sep 30, 2013
Brighton
Tree joined the mountain of others in Preston Park last night. We leave a few lights up all year. I've just taken most of the presents I bought for our daughter back for refunds. We have a fridge with loads of cheese we don't really want.

We've managed to survive without divorce or going mad but it's touch and go every year. My mum asked me a day after I took her home when Christmas is (she's got dementia and had been with us for 4 days including 2 with 9 people in the house). This year we'll hopefully swerve it.

Albion and Premier League latest from Sky Sports

Link Here